The X-Files

Any X-files fans on her? It  is probably my favourite TV show i've seen and i have watched it countless times through and despite quality dropping later in the shows seasons i really can't find anything to beat it in my opinion, especially the early season! With the new season due next year i've started it again and i thought i'd see if there's any love on here.

Have they (netflix) released the whole series in HD yet or is it still just the first 13 episodes?

Whole things up now, but dunno about HD.

Love love X-Files. I watched in growing up on Fox, but just re-watched it all. Though to was meh towards the end, I still liked a lot of the stories and the relationship between Doggett and Reyes. 

Question: Favorite villain/bad guy? 

I love the X-Files. So many great memories for my brother and I. We were into paranormal stuff in the 90's it was big then. My grandmother used to listen to Art Bell on the radio, that was fun too.

The thing I thought was most interesting is the rumor that Chris Carter knew people at certain parties he used to go to and they would key him in on new topic ideas that were supposedly true to life. Knowing that, the pilot episode of the Lone Gunmen is even more creepy.

My favorite show of all-time. I finished re-watching the series last year, and leading up to the new series I'll binge watch some of my favorite episodes.

Just to keep the conversation going, what is everyone's least favorite season? For me it's a toss up between 7&9. I did really enjoy Robert Patrick in the cast and felt that he rejuvenated the show in season 8.

Anyone listen to the X-Files Files podcast?

I listened the the first few and stopped. I had recently watched the whole series already. It would have been more fun to listen as I was going through it. Those last 3 seasons were a real chore to get through and the last episode was a turd. Is this really coming back because they took people tweeting #xfiles2015 seriously? How many of those people will actually want it back and will watch it? I still haven't seen the second movie but from what I heard on the podcast I didn't miss anything, especially if its worse than the first one.

The 2nd movie was so bad. Like embarrassingly bad. It was a huge bummer because I fucking love The X-Files.

Part of the reason it sucked was because of the writer's strike Fox was like "Yeah, you either make it now with the draft you have or you don't get to make it at all" but that can't excuse everything.

• 3 months later...

I like the one episode per day thing. I get too easily caught up in bingeing, so it's been kind of a nice relaxed pace so far. Will def work in the films, but hadn't thought to do the Lone Gunmen.

Apparently they were already deep in talks about resurrecting the show when Gillian Anderson appeared on the Nerdist podcast and brought up the whole #Xfiles2015 thing, but she didn't let on.

Just started watching this recently. Didn't know about that 201 days thing, though. I'm way behind, as I'm on Episode 23 of the first season, but maybe I can double up until I catch up. This show's been battling with my newfound love for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which is like a palette cleanser for me once I finish an X-Files episode. Especially after having watched the Tooms episode last night. That dudes gives me the creeps!