PO: Beach House - Depression Cherry (Out Aug 28th)

• 2 weeks later...

Saw them play last night in Omaha and they played equal if not more songs from Bloom as the new album. Was a great show and their sound translates really well to a live performance, especially Victoria's voice. I encourage everybody to go see them if you get a chance. Enjoying Depression Cherry too the more I listen, another solid entry to their catalog.  

• 2 weeks later...

Yeeeeeeessssssssssss! I assume it's going to be a wait for the vinyl version though

http://store.bellaunion.com/product/beach-house-thank-your-lucky-stars

bella union has a UK/EU preorder up

Tracklist: 

01 Marjorette 

02 She’s So Lovely 

03 All Your Yeahs 

04 One Thing 

05 Common Girl 

06 The Traveller 

07 Elegy To The Void 

08 Rough Song 

09 Somewhere Tonight

Maybe they meant that it's not a leftovers LP that only has the element of surprise going for it?  I could see the silence about the album being more a result of Sub Pop not wanting to dilute the market for a new Beach House album for a few months than the band trying to be clever and viral.

Via fb just now:

"It was recorded at the same time as Depression Cherry, but for us, it's very much a different record. All of its songs were written after the DC songs. Along the way we realized that we didn't want it to be released in the traditional manner. Mainly, we just wanted our listeners to hear it first. "