PO Now: CCVinyl.com Exclusive Whiplash Soundtrack (Red Vinyl) /1000

Looks like CCvinyl.com is getting into the exclusives train, I had heard about this right after the RSD version sold out and looks like they are taking perorders now.. Price looks better than what the RSD version is going for at least!

2878884.jpg

http://www.ccvinyl.com/whiplash-o-s-t-ccvinyl-com-exclusive/030206728651

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone get this message from CC Vinyl?

"Thank you for your recent purchase of the Whiplash LP.  We have been informed that there is a manufacturer defect on side 1 of the album.  We are working on resolving this issue as quickly as possible.   As soon as we have additional information on replacements we will contact you.  Thank you for your patience in this matter."

I just got it in the mail today so have not had a chance to listen to it / test it. Anyone know what the defect is?

• 3 months later...
Awesome. That must mean the defect affected almost half of their original pressing.

Edit: $9 shipping? Gross.

Does anyone know what the defect was?

I have only been spinning the black version, but also own the red.  Didn't open it since they said there was something wrong with Side A.

They sent out an email stating that they would get back to the people who purchased the red version, but they never did. Now I see that they are selling it again without notifying the red-buyers (me, at least) that corrected versions were available.

I shot them an email saying I'd like a replacement, but now they are making me prove to them my (still sealed) copy is defective.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks.

Does anyone know what the defect was?

I have only been spinning the black version, but also own the red. Didn't open it since they said there was something wrong with Side A.

They sent out an email stating that they would get back to the people who purchased the red version, but they never did. Now I see that they are selling it again without notifying the red-buyers (me, at least) that corrected versions were available.

I shot them an email saying I'd like a replacement, but now they are making me prove to them my (still sealed) copy is defective.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks.

Someone posted this on the discogs page

The defect is that there is warping and a scratch on Caravan (my favorite track, of course!). This is at least the problem with my copy of the record, waiting for the resolution email

http://www.discogs.com/reviews?release=7168841#c439324