A discussion (somewhat) about electronic music

I've listened to electronic music for quite awhile now and this has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. Senor Coconut's Kraftwerk covers album. This guy has recorded albums under 20+ aliases and this one is pretty amazing.

Don't let the sensual sounds, amazing album artwork or deep understanding of latin dance fool you.  This was made by one guy on a computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsvxAWz4K8&index=4&list=PL86C678C9E3D2BD90

his Smoke On The Water Cover is pretty epic as well

90 percent of my collection is electronic. would love to talk electronic music.

here are some highlights from my collection: http://imgur.com/gallery/Ntyug

I have fin (JT), and I love/have that Lusine album. First time I heard February was during a snowstorm. Played it on a loop for an hour, while i went outside and played in the snow.

VC member thepunkguy has the best LCD/dfa collection I've seen on here, btw. White labels galore

Caribou and tobacco are my latest jamz

last year's caribou album was amazing and one of my favorites last year. ultima II massage was also great and i felt it kinda flew under the radar. definitely grabbed both on vinyl. i tried to wait until release to spin the caribou, but it was so catchy i couldn't and listened to it many, many times before the record even shipped. sadly, i received one of the uglier hand-dipped variants of the tobacco album. still holding out for a prettier copy.

Probably my all-time favorite electronic album is by Biosphere called "Substrata." Very mellow, very cold, absolutely incredible. You can hear it on YouTube. An excellent late night album, good for meditation and reflection as well. Haunting and beautiful.

biosphere_substrata.jpg

I also enjoy Steve Hauschildt's solo work (Tragedy and Geometry is my favorite).

13878244_121230040000.jpg

Probably my all-time favorite electronic album is by Biosphere called "Substrata." Very mellow, very cold, absolutely incredible. You can hear it on YouTube. An excellent late night album, good for meditation and reflection as well. Haunting and beautiful.

that biosphere album is excellent. would love to see a vinyl repress.

I have fin (JT), and I love/have that Lusine album. First time I heard February was during a snowstorm. Played it on a loop for an hour, while i went outside and played in the snow.

VC member thepunkguy has the best LCD/dfa collection I've seen on here, btw. White labels galore

February absolutely fits a snowstorm and playing in snow.  

I have to admit.  I watched a few hrs of the Bonnaroo live stream this past weekend.  With good reasons though.

Jaime XX was his usual self.  He threw in the original disco/soul style song that influenced him w the chorus in "Loud Places" towards the end

Other than that, Atomic Bomb! Who is William Onyeabor was most excellent, and was worth every minute of bad streaming sound quality

They need to tour some more here in the states.  Only a few dates overseas as of now.

I highly recommend checking out all of the releases having to do with William from last year, and beyond.  I listen all the time.  Luaka Bop is David Byrne's label, btw