Order Now: Kaddisfly - Horses Galloping On Sailboats

Received an email from ITC today regarding the deluxe boxset:

thank you for purchasing the kaddisflyhorses galloping on sailboats deluxe box set

as some of you know with each release i try to create a special vinyl piece for fans that are looking for something that stands out from the rest of their collection. each time pushing my own creativity and testing my skills. if you've received this email it's because you ordered the latest Kaddisfly box set, which admittedly is the most challenging i've done to date, seeing as i'm not a carpenter my trait or anything like that... 

well, long story short while working on the boxes yesterday i accidentally ran my finger across the blade of the table saw... no major damage, i mean i still have all my fingers... but did lose a little meat, went to the ER and got 7 stitches in my thumb. 

while i'm glad to still have all my digits, i'm mad at myself that this will obviously put a delay on the vinyl you all have been awesome enough to pick up.

they say i can have the stitches removed in 10 days... so if it's cool with everyone i will be sending the vinyl out separately at no extra charge so you can at least listen to the record while i recoup and resume working on the deluxe boxes once i heal up.

sorry for any inconvenience, but i really do appreciate your understanding.

And just to prove i'm not BSing the whole thing, here are some pics i snapped in the ER.

*WARNING: Some of these pics may be graphic... so don't click if you aren't into blood and stuff

I'm not uploading the photos as it looks pretty bad. Hope Dan recovers soon!

• 1 month later...

As I've mentioned, Kaddisfly guitarist Aaron and I have been in a band together for awhile called Madam Officer. We haven't made anything official yet, but seems our recent break has turned into what they call in the biz an 'indefinite hiatus'. I have put the few remaining custom CD copies of our debut EP on Bandcamp. There are only 4 copies of the first 100 in a folding chipboard package, and about 20 of the second run of 100 in a chipboard sleeve. All hand stamped. I created a 30% off code that I would like to share with the VC. If you're interested, you can head to https://madamofficer.bandcamp.com/merch and use the code VF30 upon checkout. You'll receive a free download as well. We also have our latest single available there you can download for free as well.

Cheers,

Dan Fury

As I've mentioned, Kaddisfly guitarist Aaron and I have been in a band together for awhile called Madam Officer. We haven't made anything official yet, but seems our recent break has turned into what they call in the biz an 'indefinite hiatus'. I have put the few remaining custom CD copies of our debut EP on Bandcamp. There are only 4 copies of the first 100 in a folding chipboard package, and about 20 of the second run of 100 in a chipboard sleeve. All hand stamped. I created a 30% off code that I would like to share with the VC. If you're interested, you can head to https://madamofficer.bandcamp.com/merch and use the code VF30 upon checkout. You'll receive a free download as well. We also have our latest single available there you can download for free as well.

Cheers,

Dan Fury

L A M E

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I started a topic in the sale/trade thread, but just so all interested parties here are aware:

It appears the internet believes that Kaddisfly's independent debut 'Did You Know People Can Fly?' is out of print and worth asking $30-$50 for. This is untrue, as I have boxes of them in my basement.

I was their tour manager and all around 6th man for years, and I am currently in a band with guitarist Aaron Tollefson (UMBRELLAMAN), and all the leftover merch we had after they entered their hiatus has been in our house for years. There are CD copies of their Hopeless albums, as well as some shirts. But the Did You Know CDs are now available on discogs for $8 - https://www.discogs.com/Kaddisfly-Did-You-Know-People-Can-Fly/release/2728318

You can also email me - [email protected] if you have a shirt size you're interested in or other CDs you want to add and we'll work it out.

Just wanted to let anyone here know who might be interested, as the album is apparently hard to find now.

Cheers,

Dan

17 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

hey Dan,

big ups for doing this. Also do you see a possibility of vinyl releases of the rest of the trilogy ever get pressed?

Thanks

We all would love it. Its just a numbers game, really. If there would have been a bigger response to Horses Galloping, or they would have been in a position to tour behind it, it would have been a greater possibility. But the necessity of dealing with Hopeless and investing money just keeps it being something that would be cool to do.

On 5/25/2018 at 9:53 PM, Vinyl Fury said:

We all would love it. Its just a numbers game, really. If there would have been a bigger response to Horses Galloping, or they would have been in a position to tour behind it, it would have been a greater possibility. But the necessity of dealing with Hopeless and investing money just keeps it being something that would be cool to do.

What about a Pledge or something similar?  If they get the funding, it happens, if they don’t, no one is out anything?

I would’ve guessed Horses would have had a bigger response if there was more of a push behind it.  Seems like everything dropped off quickly after it released.

On 5/25/2018 at 9:53 PM, Vinyl Fury said:

If it helps...I love the hell out of Horses, and listen to it quite consistently...

10 hours ago, highfives said:

What about a Pledge or something similar?  If they get the funding, it happens, if they don’t, no one is out anything?

I would’ve guessed Horses would have had a bigger response if there was more of a push behind it.  Seems like everything dropped off quickly after it released.

I have to imagine that in order to license it, we'd have to end up selling at least a few hundred to break even, and that's just not expected. And hopeless definitely won't do it on their own.  Believe me, it's all been talked about several times. If they ever resurrect, it will be talked about again.

14 hours ago, Vinyl Fury said:

I have to imagine that in order to license it, we'd have to end up selling at least a few hundred to break even, and that's just not expected. And hopeless definitely won't do it on their own.  Believe me, it's all been talked about several times. If they ever resurrect, it will be talked about again.

Let’s just hit up Hopeless with a 10% royalty, no MG licensing contract.  

10% for doing absolutely nothing is better than sitting on a couple of albums and not getting 10%.