[PO Now]: Windhand - Grief's Infernal Flower via Relapse released 9/18

Got my order today. Jackets are flippin' thick and really nice. Started playing my black 180 (not that I care about weight) and it sounds amazing. It sounds so much better through my table setup than the CD does through the same home stereo and car. On the CD the guitars feel polished, pushed back and controlled. On the LP they sound huge and upfront. Much better. I've only hear the first half of "Two Urns" on the LP so far but if the rest of the album sounds as good, I'll be pretty happy.

I e-mailed Relapse yesterday requesting tracking info.  I mistakenly double ordered this album and asked for one of my orders to be canceled so I wanted to also make sure both hadn't been axed.  Fortunately that wasn't the case, and the tracking shows the package sitting in MI.  I'm in VA, so hopefully it will be here by weeks end.

Use a flashlight and check inside the sleeve again. I thought mine was missing as well, but the card was at was at the bottom of the sleeve stuck in the spine and almost impossible to see.

Thanks. Relapse sent me a code. Those sleeves are really thick and hard to pry open.

Pretty sure Relapse has turned into the worst label ever when it comes to shipping.  I didn't have problems w/ them for years, and now, over the past 2 years, it's non stop.  E-mailed asking for tracking on my Windhand a few days, get a pretty prompt response w/ the tracking #, only the tracking # is for someone in Michigan showing delivered.  I e-mail back saying I'm not in Michigan, please send me the correct tracking # and reiterate my order #.  They reply that they're e-mailing the warehouse to find out what's going on.  Today I get a follow up e-mail w/ a new tracking # and a return label, the return label is for some dude in Michigan to ship a record back.  I reply that once again, I don't live in Michigan, I'm in VA and give them the order #.  So, the saga continues.....

Finally got this today.  The jacket is super heavy, similar to the Neurosis jackets.  I think the green/purple merge spatter looks killer.  The a/b records looks significantly different from the c/d, which is pretty rad.  Now that I'm done ooogling over the vinylz, it's time to spin this bad motha.

Also, that slip mat is awesome.

Pretty sure Relapse has turned into the worst label ever when it comes to shipping.  I didn't have problems w/ them for years, and now, over the past 2 years, it's non stop.  E-mailed asking for tracking on my Windhand a few days, get a pretty prompt response w/ the tracking #, only the tracking # is for someone in Michigan showing delivered.  I e-mail back saying I'm not in Michigan, please send me the correct tracking # and reiterate my order #.  They reply that they're e-mailing the warehouse to find out what's going on.  Today I get a follow up e-mail w/ a new tracking # and a return label, the return label is for some dude in Michigan to ship a record back.  I reply that once again, I don't live in Michigan, I'm in VA and give them the order #.  So, the saga continues.....

Yeah, I don't even trip when it comes to Relapse and their lack of correct shipping info. My records always show up and it's never an unreasonable wait. Just takes a little patience.

Yeah, I don't even trip when it comes to Relapse and their lack of correct shipping info. My records always show up and it's never an unreasonable wait. Just takes a little patience.

I usually don't even worry about Relapse either, in time the stuff shows up, but I I hadn't followed up this time I definitely never would have gotten my order since they mixed up and sent it to someone else. The packaging was beast when I finally got it, though.

I could be wrong, and I usually am, but I think the USPS occasionally opens packages shipped Media Mail to ensure that the only products contained in the package are those that qualify for media mail.

I'm shocked they care and have a want to properly do their job.  I guess there's a first for everything.

I slowly grew into Windhand. I can't imagine how awesome it would be to have discovered them today and have 3 LP's and an EP to digest all at once. I'd probably lose my mind. Definitely locate a copy of the self-titled album. Its amazing and the mixing and mastering are killer.

And don't forget the Cough split.

Mine ended up going to the previous address I had. I thought I caught it in time, but Relapse was just slow to update the status. I have no way of getting it. Anyone have any experience with this before? Will Relapse send another one out or am I shit out of luck?

Did you set up mail forwarding? If not, you're screwed. If you did, you will have to pay shipping again when you pick up from the post office.