[PO Now]: Windhand - Grief's Infernal Flower via Relapse released 9/18

Would've been stoked to have the blue/purple merge but didn't have the funds to pull the trigger when it was still available. And the green/purple merge was just a dream anyway, as it must've sold out in a few hours.

Not too stoked for the solid the olive and purple. I'm crazy for variants, especially when it matches the cover. Either way, it's better for anyone over the pond to just wait and see what some EU distros pick up so as to save on shipping. Straight from Relapse I'd be paying equal the amount for shipping as the record is.

Although Windhand is one of my favourite groups, for some weird reason I find myself picking up their releases on vinyl way down the line. Only just got around to buying Soma a few months ago and the self-titled is still on my list.

Yeah, that blue purple does fit the art well but I wasn't really loving it so I went with green purple because I thought it was similar to the artwork but looked way cooler. I think it was up for a quite a while. The pre-order itself was live for hours before they even announced it anywhere. Thanks to Secular Haze for noticing it first and posting here about it. I really do like the solid purple though. I'm not keen on that olive.

I'm not much of a variant person anymore. I was for a while but now I find myself selling off most of my multiple variants and keeping the black ones or just the variant I like best if there is no black. It does suck how expensive the overseas shipping is.

Yeah, I had a weird beginning with Windhand. I came across them and kept listening to the self-titled on bandcamp a bunch of times and nearly pulled the trigger on the first press of that a bunch of times but kept holding back because I wasn't completely sure I was in love the music. Once that press went out of print, I realized I loved it and then searched for a black copy of S/t for months and months and finally got a first press on black. The latest press is black (after multiple presses on many different colors) and is done by a different pressing plant from the looks of the deadwax stamps but it sounds awesome. I'm pretty sure I've seen European distros have copies of that one in stock recently so I would not wait on grabbing that. Every album so far sounds awesome but the mix and master on the first album is just so open, lively and huge sounding. I highly recommend getting a copy on LP as soon as possible. Ever since I missed out on that first press and realized I loved them, I always buy first and ask questions later with all their new releases.

Also, am I the only one that hears a cutting-room floor error somewhere around 3:16 on Crypt Key?

Bothered me ever since I first heard the track and seems you can hear it when streaming on both Bandcamp and YT. I guess it's no wonder as there's a preview at the end for the 4th track on both, even on BC, so it's not a clean cut.

I may have noticed this. I think I chalked it up to a glitch in the stream while listening to it but I'll go back and check when I get a moment.

And just to be a superdork, here's the iTunes page for Grief's Infernal Flower with the track times listed. Knowing stuff like that ahead of time just gets me excited for some reason. I don't know. I'm weird. Plus there are samples of each song it appears. I'm trying to resist listening.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/griefs-infernal-flower/id1009392659

Anyone see the Pirate's Press Record of the Week blog? The green/purple merge w/ splatter in missing. The blue/purple merge is there, but the green/purple splatter is not. Am I unnecessarily alarmed by this?

Probably unnecessarily alarmed. I've seen them leave a certain color out of picture spread like this. For instance they mention there are 6 variants but there are actually 7 pictured. So I'm sure the green/purple exists. I'm convinced these have been done being manufactured for a while since the photos on Relapse during the pre-order looked like true authentic photos of the actual products and not fabricated mockups.

RR7309-1.jpg

I just wish this would be released this week instead of in 6 more.

Probably unnecessarily alarmed. I've seen them leave a certain color out of picture spread like this. For instance they mention there are 6 variants but there are actually 7 pictured. So I'm sure the green/purple exists. I'm convinced these have been done being manufactured for a while since the photos on Relapse during the pre-order looked like true authentic photos of the actual products and not fabricated mockups.

RR7309-1.jpg

I just wish this would be released this week instead of in 6 more.

But damn they look beautiful!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to avoid listening to this track and I'm failing.

I don't know what it is, but lately I have less and less trouble just waiting for records to arrive. I did listen to that new Maiden album before it arrived, but I don't think I've listened to a single song off this album all the way through yet. Keeping the anticipation high!

I don't know what it is, but lately I have less and less trouble just waiting for records to arrive. I did listen to that new Maiden album before it arrived, but I don't think I've listened to a single song off this album all the way through yet. Keeping the anticipation high!

Good man. I'm just too obsessed with them.

I know its just one more week til release but I highly doubt my Relapse pre-orders are going to arrive by the official drop date. Though I'm pretty sure I got Soma from Relapse almost a week early even though I bought a copy direct from the band at a show that happened the night before that.

Relapse tends to be a crap shoot. You may get it like 2 weeks prior or after the relase date.

I am a few songs into this and i like it. Nothing earth shattering. Every album they seem to be bringing dortheas vocals up more and more. They were kinda buried on the s/t record and pretty clear here