[PO] We Lost The Sea - Departure Songs

considering I offered someone $500 last month.

Wait, why? Half a grand?

I saw this listed with some other goodies by 1234Go, yesterday afternoon. Glad I didn't swoop it up, for your sake. That little shop posts some surprising listings on Discogs. I'm not crazy enough about the album to drop $60, personally, but I hope that the VG+ is a conservative rating for you.

Wait, why? Half a grand?

I saw this listed with some other goodies by 1234Go, yesterday afternoon. Glad I didn't swoop it up, for your sake. That little shop posts some surprising listings on Discogs. I'm not crazy enough about the album to drop $60, personally, but I hope that the VG+ is a conservative rating for you.

I was curious since no one would let it go for $200-300, I needed to see what it would take to pry from someones collection. It was not enough. I'm hoping the VG+ is just because it isn't shrink wrapped. Thanks for not buying it.

I was curious since no one would let it go for $200-300, I needed to see what it would take to pry from someones collection. It was not enough. I'm hoping the VG+ is just because it isn't shrink wrapped. Thanks for not buying it.

I offered a dude $60 for his on Discogs, and he went for it. It's actually en route to me right now. I can't wait to have it; I sold my black copy.

I'm wondering if the VG+ rating is because it possibly came from the same distro that my black copy came from, which was shipped in basically a manilla folder pouch kind of thing. Fucking garbage, it came with ringwear all over the jacket, all the corners bashed in, the plastic sleeve split open, just a mess.

I can't believe nobody caved for that price for you..... that's insane

Could barely keep it in my pants, especially considering I offered someone $500 last month. My search is over.

LnGk7u4.png

congrats and fingers crossed a conservative grader as I've no experience them - as some sellers don't grade anything above VG+ so their feedback doesn't get dinged from a disappointed buyer. I know you like that album a lot; it is a great one indeed.

congrats and fingers crossed a conservative grader as I've no experience them - as some sellers don't grade anything above VG+ so their feedback doesn't get dinged from a disappointed buyer. I know you like that album a lot; it is a great one indeed.

My copy just arrived today!!!! My god, what a beautiful press.

This might be my favorite-looking record.

Yes!!! And it sounds better than my black copy that I had, too!

It's just gorgeous. The white in this contrasts so well with the clear aqua. It was pretty dirty, lots of paper grit in the sleeve but that didn't hinder the sound at all. Still can't believe I own this now.

So many of my post-rock dreams are coming true!

Btw, what kind of Technics turntable is that? I've never seen a cartridge that looked like that before.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

From Dunk:

"We Lost The Sea from Australia released this wonderful album in summer 2015 (on Bird's Robe Records) and sold out a long time ago. This limited second pressing comes on new vinyl colors and in an astonishing gatefold cover with 12"x12" booklet with artwork by guitarist Matt Harvey. It will be available at dunk!festival, where they will bring this entire album live on our stage from start to finish, for the first time ever in Europe! For our newsletter subscribers we are offering this limited pre-order. We now have (at this very moment!) 50 copies of Departure Songs available for pre-order. ('Pick-up at the festival' is not possible but we'll have a new load of these vinyl available there.)"

https://shop.dunkfestival.com/collections/dunk-records/products/we-lost-the-sea-departure-songs-2xlp-1

11 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

From Dunk:

"We Lost The Sea from Australia released this wonderful album in summer 2015 (on Bird's Robe Records) and sold out a long time ago. This limited second pressing comes on new vinyl colors and in an astonishing gatefold cover with 12"x12" booklet with artwork by guitarist Matt Harvey. It will be available at dunk!festival, where they will bring this entire album live on our stage from start to finish, for the first time ever in Europe! For our newsletter subscribers we are offering this limited pre-order. We now have (at this very moment!) 50 copies of Departure Songs available for pre-order. ('Pick-up at the festival' is not possible but we'll have a new load of these vinyl available there.)"

https://shop.dunkfestival.com/collections/dunk-records/products/we-lost-the-sea-departure-songs-2xlp-1

That looks dope. I've been meaning to grab this for a while now. I'm hoping for an option later on with cheaper shipping

14 minutes ago, eyewin8 said:

That looks dope. I've been meaning to grab this for a while now. I'm hoping for an option later on with cheaper shipping

I'd say doubtful on other options, but who knows.  However, people here have done group-buys from Dunk before so perhaps there will be others who want to get in on this as well.  I think I'm going to hold off for now, half/half's just aren't my thing.  Although when I see it in person in a couple weeks I feel like I'll likely change my mind haha. 

I can attest that the packaging is out of this world, though. 

Edited by Gumbo72203