“MEGA MAN: BEST OF MEGA MAN 1-10” LP ANNOUNCED

UJfwhQ0.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: (JUNE 9th, 2015)

“MEGA MAN: BEST OF MEGA MAN 1-10” LP ANNOUNCED

June 9, 2015 – One of the most iconic franchises in the world of video games, Capcom’s MEGA MAN, gets ready to make its official vinyl debut care of SPACELAB9. Ever since 1987 when the “blue bomber” first appeared on the Nintendo Entertainment System, fans have been drawn to the high octane action and colorful cast of villains unleashed by the sinister Dr Wily – not to mention some of the most iconic and memorable musical moments in the history of console gaming. Featuring music from Capcom’s hit 8-bit franchise spanning from 1987 to 2010, the MEGA MAN: BEST OF MEGA MAN 1-10 Deluxe LP features 22 tracks hand-picked by the Capcom Sound Team themselves.

In a unique twist, SPACELAB9 has invited fans to decide, via social media poll, which of their favorite level bosses will get their own colored vinyl variant. The poll enables fans to vote for up to four of their favorite bosses including Cutman, Elecman, Metalman, Snakeman, Skullman, Crystalman, Blizzardman, Flameman, Cloudman, Galaxyman, Nitroman, Commandoman, and Strikeman. Fans can cast their votes on Tumblr at:http://spacelab9.tumblr.com/…/120825878403/function-var-opst or directly from SPACELAB9.com at http://www.spacelab9.com/poll/

Voting closes on Friday, June 12th at 12pm noon EST. Poll results and additional details about the MEGA MAN: BEST OF MEGA MAN 1-10 Deluxe LP album package will be announced the following week.

Track listing is as follows:

1. Stage Select [MM1]
2. Cut Man Stage [MM1]
3. Elec Man Stage [MM1]
4. Metal Man Stage [MM2]
5. Wood Man Stage [MM2]
6. Flash Man Stage [MM2]
7. Crash Man Stage [MM2]
8. Dr. Wily Stage 1 [MM2]
9. Skull Man Stage [MM4]
10. Bright Man Stage [MM4]
11. Dr. Wily Stage [MM5]
12. Stage Clear [MM5]
13. Flame Man Stage [MM6]
14. Wind Man Stage [MM6]
15. Theme of Bass [MM7]
16. Burst Man Stage [MM7]
17. Cloud Man Stage [MM7]
18. Tengu Man Stage [MM8]
19. Galaxy Man Stage [MM9]
20. Fireball Strike [MM10]
21. Nitro Rider [Nitro Man Stage] [MM10]
22. Game Over [MM9]

The forum has been talking about this for a long time Spacelab!

I know. You guys are good at getting info out there but we just had to make it "official".

Plus we want to make sure everyone is aware of not only the picture disc version from Hot Topic which got delayed a few weeks, the standard version and of course the voting for colored vinyl! 

I know. You guys are good at getting info out there but we just had to make it "official".

Plus we want to make sure everyone is aware of not only the picture disc version from Hot Topic which got delayed a few weeks, the standard version and of course the voting for colored vinyl! 

That's great, thanks for going the extra mile for the fans! :)

So does that mean there are 3 releases? The picture disc, the colored vinyl and the standard vinyl in an edition of how many?

That's great, thanks for going the extra mile for the fans! :)

So does that mean there are 3 releases? The picture disc, the colored vinyl and the standard vinyl in an edition of how many?

Thanks but the reality is that we are fans ourselves. All of the guys here at Spacelab9 grew up when the NES came out and Megaman is an absolute favorite of all of ours so this really exciting for all of us not only professionally but as fans! We hope to do more things like this like polls and such to get fans involved in these releases so you all feel like its yours as well.

There will be a picture disc version (exclusive to Hot Topic), colored vinyl version and a standard black vinyl edition as well. As far as variants all of the info will be released next week.

spacelab really needs a graphic designer. i get that the items sell well as they are, but man, they'd be way cooler w/ some creativity. there are some talented folks out there that i'm sure would help out.

To each is their own. We absolutely love the work our designer puts into every single release. If people could only see how meticulously he works over every release.

As far as being more creative, once again to each is their own-personally we don't like this trend of "re-imagining" popular iconography associated with films, television, comic & cartoon properties, etc. From our perspective, and I think other fans out there as well see it as messing with something that was already creative and perfected, and had resonated with an audience. 

for sure SL, just my opinion.. sorry if that was rude, i honestly didn't mean to come across as harsh. i just feel like there have been several instances where some really cool/unique stuff could've been done w/ the artwork! and based on what i've seen in other threads related to your releases, i'm not alone in this opinion, and you've probably noticed kickback. i get what you're saying, but i think original work can still be true to the spirit of the source material, and also provide a better aesthetic in a large format like an LP sleeve. not discounting the work that you or your designer have done at all (definitely miles better than i could do), just some constructive criticism from a fellow nerd. 

for sure SL, just my opinion.. sorry if that was rude, i honestly didn't mean to come across as harsh. i just feel like there have been several instances where some really cool/unique stuff could've been done w/ the artwork! and based on what i've seen in other threads related to your releases, i'm not alone in this opinion, and you've probably noticed kickback. i get what you're saying, but i think original work can still true to the spirit of the source material, and also provide a better aesthetic in a large format like an LP sleeve. not discounting the work that you or your designer have done at all (definitely miles better than i could do), just some constructive criticism from a fellow nerd. 

No worries dude. Like I said to each is their own. Sorry if I came off sounding too robotic or cold in my response, but certainly no rudeness was detected. But like you said we are very much fans of the source material don't see the need to deviate from that. I know that perhaps there is a perception of us just being a new jack, cash grab business, but that isn't so. Of course we are a business but more so we are fans as well and we are thrilled that we get to worked with properties that personally we are excited about and work iconography that is so well established.

I'm probably going to buy this instead and hear every song from the original 7 NES titles as it was intended to be heard: during gameplay.

Mega Man Legacy Collection brings enhanced 8-bit classics to new platforms

fe76d1709d4f235e5abea0d089352592.png?v=1

In  mere months you'll be able to play the original six Mega Man games in crisp 1080p and enhanced with modern bonuses. Mega Man Legacy Collection hits Xbox One, PS4 and PC digital storefronts this summer, with a digital Nintendo 3DS version following in the winter.

In addition to the original six games, you also get challenges, a huge of-the-era museum packed with visual history and a helpful database that informs AND tests you on your Mega Man prowess. And for those keeping track, the trailer jam is "Searing Scissors," part of OverClocked Remix's excellent "For Everlasting Peace" album.

7fa6ccd7b7159eaf5223b5502191097f.png?v=2

Some notes about the additional modes:

Leaderboards, challenges, replays: Challenge Mode takes moments from each title and weaves them into a series of, well, challenges! So things like 'can you do these six areas strung together with one life bar' or 'try fighting all six Mega Man 1 bosses in a row.' And to keep the quest for the best time alive, the top performers in each Challenge will have their replay data uploaded and viewable to everyone! There will be many challenges to vex seasoned players AND help train newcomers in the ways of the Blue Bomber.

Database: Each Mega Man game will have a database that includes enemy lists. From here you can read details about certain enemies and hop directly to them for a practice session. For example, say you're tired of playing all the way to Quick Man just to lose over and over. With the database, you can hop directly to him and practice that buster run until you get it down to a science. Then it's off to the full game for the real deal!

Museum: MMLC will sport an exhaustive collection of sketches, art and other visual materials that help put you in that 1987~1992 time period. Part of this game's goal is the preservation of history, and the folks at Digital Eclipse are scanning items at absurdly high resolutions to make them as clean and clear as possible.

45ef8b22d49327b343b2b5016de3d760.png?v=2

7bf67832d69beb80e2ee898f20efdb02.png?v=2

Speaking of Digital Eclipse, the team is bringing these 8-bit classics over via their new Eclipse Engine, which rebuilds the original games from their source elements. The result is a sharp, clean picture that proudly displays these iconic sprites in lovely 1080p, and presents the games as they existed in their original forms.

“Movies have the Criterion Collection, but there hasn’t been anything like that for games,” said Frank Cifaldi, Head of Restoration for Digital Eclipse. “We’re living in the golden age of a brand new form of artistic expression, and we’re not doing a very good job of making sure our games will be available five years from now, let alone fifty. The more we can do right now to take video game preservation seriously, the safer our history will be.”

121f668d071cb1c7ea40458200c37c00.png?v=2

1bbd2fe53f132893409aff706ae431cc.png?v=2

For $14.99 you'll get six timeless classics, a huge museum of high-res images and challenges with their own leaderboards and replays.

110167bc9f2e5824088df8ddc5234893.png?v=2

We'll stream the title from E3 next week, and if you're attending SDCC this year, you'll be able to play it ahead of its release!