PO: Goo Goo Dolls - Dizzy Up the Girl & Boy Named Goo (10/15)

Finally listening to A Boy Named Goo. I really expected it to be pressed at United, thankfully it is not. Pretty quiet noise floor, very decent sound quality. Clear, but warm. I'd say an excellent reissue, and for under $20 no less. You know, the way it should be.

'Naked' is one of my favorites of the 90s, sounded better than ever.

I got to listen to both a couple days ago and was also very happy with the results. I would also welcome Superstar Car Wash on vinyl, but have never listened to Gutterflower. I suppose I better get that album on my queue of music today in the office and have a listen!

Give it a listen, "Big Machine", "Sympathy", and "Here Is Gone" should sound at least somewhat familiar, they were always on the radio when I grew up lol

Give it a listen, "Big Machine", "Sympathy", and "Here Is Gone" should sound at least somewhat familiar, they were always on the radio when I grew up lol

There's a gem at the end of the album called Truth is a Whisper. It's my favourite goos song ever (sorry Black Balloon). The emotion and anger you hear in Johnnys voice in this song is like nothing I've ever heard!

There's a gem at the end of the album called Truth is a Whisper. It's my favourite goos song ever (sorry Black Balloon). The emotion and anger you hear in Johnnys voice in this song is like nothing I've ever heard!

One of the best songs on that album.. 'What A Scene' is great one too.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Shit I didn’t even see this was dropping! I’d love Guttefower and Let Love In, but I already have Dizzy Up the Girl and I don’t care about Magnetic or that other one I’ve never even listened too. Gonna keep my fingers crossed for individual releases and keep and eye to see if anyone deep-discounts a box to move it quick.

Edited by shadowkid33

11 hours ago, shadowkid33 said:

Shit I didn’t even see this was dropping! I’d love Guttefower and Let Love In, but I already have Dizzy Up the Girl and I don’t care about Magnetic or that other one I’ve never even listened too. Gonna keep my fingers crossed for individual releases and keep and eye to see if anyone deep-discounts a box to move it quick.

Magnetic and Something were really good if you've never given them a go. Although Rebel Beat can gtfo

• 1 month later...