My vinyl "investment"

Just because 4 idiots payed an average of $60 for you one off hot topic pop punk band record doesn't mean there is an infinite supply of buyers willing to pay that price.

this is wrong.

the idiots are in the thousands and they will pay for it. most of them young enough with expenses from living at home (not a knock, just how it is )pop punk is prob the biggest selling genre amongst most of the folk here and on ebay. hell, they'll buy a flipped copy just to flip it more.

there will never be a brand new album that never sells.

ever.

this is wrong.

the idiots are in the thousands and they will pay for it. most of them young enough with expenses from living at home (not a knock, just how it is )pop punk is prob the biggest selling genre amongst most of the folk here and on ebay. hell, they'll buy a flipped copy just to flip it more.

there will never be a brand new album that never sells.

ever.

i disagree, from a marketplace perspective things are good at the moment, but it doesn't take much to shake it up. Those "buyers" will wax and wane depending on economic conditions. Also the buyers you reference don't have a steady dependable income, a cash reserve put away for emergencies  and self control to follow a budget. I just think it is a bad idea to think you have a nest egg or cash reserve in your record collection that you could cash out if you ever got it position where you needed cash, unless you discount the value of your collection by 50%.

i disagree, from a marketplace perspective things are good at the moment, but it doesn't take much to shake it up. Those "buyers" will wax and wane depending on economic conditions. Also the buyers you reference don't have a steady dependable income

they also dont have expenses...therefore their parents are their dependable income.

VYeLvP6_zps6752143b.gif

they also dont have expenses...therefore their parents are their dependable income.

haha yeah that isn't really a valid point. There is always a cost involved, that dependable income is strained by having to support both the parents and the kids expenses. I am looking forward to the vinyl bubble collapse, for the few that will be positioned correctly financially will make out like bandits while the majority are forced to sell at 50% to 75% below current valuations.