2015 Steam Summer Sale Thread

Watcha gettin? What deals are you jumping on? How are the servers on your end?

Last week I got refunds for two games in my Steam Wallet. So far I've gotten 4 games and I still have half my refunds left. Servers are really slow so it's a process.

So far I've gotten:

Hotline Miami (85$ off)

Shantae: Risky's Revenge (75% off)

Metro: Last Night Redux (75% off)

Shadowgate (75% off)

I actually take that back. I haven't looked in a while and there's quite a bit.

Yeah I have been frustrated a few times when I forget to put the filter on and see something interesting that works on everything but Mac or just Windows. At least it seems better than it was years back. Luckily I'm not a big gamer but I might have to check out this sale. Need to play the last cheap games I got though.

Damn I recently bought the portals and only played through the first one. Could have got them so much cheaper.

Was getting Kung Fury and since Hotline Miami was on sale I thought I would check it out. Looks like a more trippy retro Postal almost.

Also went back and got VVVVVV and 8bit boy. I'm new to Steam and I swear I might never buy games any other time of the year again! All the games I recently bought are on sale right now.

The trick to Steam sales is to watch the stuff on the daily deals and flash sales. Those are guaranteed to be the lowest prices for the duration of the sale. I generally wait until the last day to get stuff unless I see it in those categories. They also usually do an encore of daily deals on the last day of the sale.

So far I've grabbed the Outlast Whistlblower DLC and Mirror's Edge for pennies. I also grabbed Duck Game (amazing) which probably won't see a special deal on top of its sale price since it's newly released.

The best part about these things is that for less than the cost of one retail console game you can pick up enough stuff to keep you busy at least until the next sale!

Each Steam sale I find myself less and less interested. That being said, I grabbed Child of Light and Chivalry. Child of Light is awesome besides the uplay drm cancer, and Chivalry is just fun.

I'd recommend Nidhogg, BOI Rebirth, Bastion, Transistor, and Limbo to anybody looking to get a great game cheap.

They're great games, just old ones most gamers have already played. I haven't seen anything that would make the hassle of recovering my password worth it lol.

Hoping Oli Oli pops up on there (no pun intended).

Each Steam sale I find myself less and less interested. That being said, I grabbed Child of Light and Chivalry. Child of Light is awesome besides the uplay drm cancer, and Chivalry is just fun.

I'd recommend Nidhogg, BOI Rebirth, Bastion, Transistor, and Limbo to anybody looking to get a great game cheap.

Loved Child of Light on PS4.