PO SOON: Knuckle Puck - Copacetic (Out 7/31)

travis said in another thread that the vinyl is delayed.

I saw that, but he also told said TSSF's new record had a 6/7 release when MerchNow said May 18th, and I got mine in the mail on the 17th.

Not saying the dude doesn't know his shit, but HT variants can get delayed when the rest don't.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly haven't been able to make it all the way through this LP. I don't have the attention span for Knuckle Puck past 7 songs.

I feel the same but have forced myself to listen through the whole thing. I feel they've lost or toned down a lot of the aggression which is what drew me to them in the first place. However, you gotta listen to the closer (Untitled). At 9(?) minutes it's almost as long as their EPs on its own. More mellow vibe but I dig it.

I completely see where you guys are coming from, and definitely respect it. But to be honest... I actually really like this album, and it's one of my favorite releases this year from that genre. After the first three songs they released I was pumped ("Pretense" is still one of my favorites from the album.) I've listened to KP for a while (While I Stay..., The Weight That..., and Don't Come Home), but just never really got too into them. It wasn't until WISS when they REALLY got my attention. And I don't know, now I just really enjoy this album. I feel like now that I have such an appreciation for them I should go back and listen to their older stuff again. I hope this album grows on you guys though!

I completely see where you guys are coming from, and definitely respect it. But to be honest... I actually really like this album, and it's one of my favorite releases this year from that genre. After the first three songs they released I was pumped ("Pretense" is still one of my favorites from the album.) I've listened to KP for a while (While I Stay..., The Weight That..., and Don't Come Home), but just never really got too into them. It wasn't until WISS when they REALLY got my attention. And I don't know, now I just really enjoy this album. I feel like now that I have such an appreciation for them I should go back and listen to their older stuff again. I hope this album grows on you guys though!

I love all of thier work and this album is no different for me. As said above me "Pretense" is a great song and may be the best they have written, Also "Evergreen" and "True Contrite" really stand out to me.

Agreed, besides the going back and re-listening lol I will say that this album is by far better than any release put out in this genre this year. We all say that bands need to progress, switch up their style, etc. but when they do they get criticized for it. I'm glad that KP is expanding their sound, they don't just talk about one subject, they know how to make good metaphorical themed songs. I love this album. 

Agreed, besides the going back and re-listening lol I will say that this album is by far better than any release put out in this genre this year. We all say that bands need to progress, switch up their style, etc. but when they do they get criticized for it. I'm glad that KP is expanding their sound, they don't just talk about one subject, they know how to make good metaphorical themed songs. I love this album.

I wasn't saying I don't like the album, I actually really enjoy it. Just wasn't as instantly gratifying to my ears or brain. Still enjoy it though.

• 1 month later...