#ESPNMusic Podcast / Video

**UPDATED w/ JOYWAVE**

I had the privilege of bringing David Bazan through ESPN last week. Did a podcast with him and Yuuki Matthews (The Shings, Sufjan Stevens) about the Headphones tour, what it was like to record the Bazan Monthly albums and what's on the horizon for Bazan. 

Also shot an in-studio video of him playing acoustic versions of Nobody's Perfect, Little Landslides and Animals. This version of Little Landslides is absolutely gorgeous... instantly become a favorite of mine.

Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbyl7VZSRpU

Podcasthttp://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13058343

-----------

Sat down with Joywave yesterday. Super nice dudes. 

Talked about their album, how rad it was to hear their music played during the NHL Western Conference Finals, why they've all become Cleveland Browns fans and a whole bunch more. 

Podcasthttp://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13108998

I was wondering why ESPN had not ventured into this yet.  As far as actual programming goes, the music is such an important part.  I'm glad that you are starting these now.  Thanks.

Something that might be gold, as far as interviewing - Maybe have 1 show where you speak to actual athletes about what is playing in their earbuds at that moment, ala Game Time, Workouts, In the car, etc.  

This is the first time this has been done there, right?  I know they've occasionally spoke randomly to an athlete or a musician here or there, but I can't recall something as far as an actual feature/podcast/show.

I was wondering why ESPN had not ventured into this yet.  As far as actual programming goes, the music is such an important part.  I'm glad that you are starting these now.  Thanks.

Something that might be gold, as far as interviewing - Maybe have 1 show where you speak to actual athletes about what is playing in their earbuds at that moment, ala Game Time, Workouts, In the car, etc.  

This is the first time this has been done there, right?  I know they've occasionally spoke randomly to an athlete or a musician here or there, but I can't recall something as far as an actual feature/podcast/show.

Totally on board with this and it's something I want to dive into as this grows.

I've been pushing to do music stuff for awhile now because of the way music and sports intersect with each other. Glad others see the value in too. Now I just need people to pay attention to it so it doesn't become one of those "great ideas" that gets swept under the rug because it wasn't received as well as everyone hoped. 

Totally on board with this and it's something I want to dive into as this grows.

I've been pushing to do music stuff for awhile now because of the way music and sports intersect with each other. Glad others see the value in too. Now I just need people to pay attention to it so it doesn't become one of those "great ideas" that gets swept under the rug because it wasn't received as well as everyone hoped. 

Don't forget the on-air personalities/anchors!  

Interview one every now and then, and maybe have them curate a playlist, using one of the streaming platforms.  

Might not be a bad side feature?