E3 2015

That Nintendo presentation was HORRIBLE. My god...I haven't bought a non-Nintendo console game in years but that (minus Star Fox) really makes me lose faith in them as a video game company. I do not give a shit about Amiibos one bit. That new "Metroid" game is like a kick in the nuts - give us a new 2D Metroid for fuck's sake! Release date for a Yoshi game that was announced last E3? Get the fuck out of here.

Further proof that they're going to fully abandon the WiiU ASAP. I imagine they've already started developing a proper Mario platformer amongst several other flagship titles and decided it's better to sit on them for the launch of the NX opposed to shipping them on the WiiU to simply die with that console.

Damn shame, I really like my WiiU. I would it a lot more if there were games to play on it.

With that being said my oldest daughter is going to lose her shit over that Animal Crossing Amiibo game. Potential Christmas gift!

So what's the info on the new Nintendo console? Better not be til 2017 or so. I would be super pissed if they announce that the new Zelda won't be on Wii U. Pretty much the main reason I bought it.

New Zelda will definitely be for the WiiU. The only curve ball they might throw would be to release if for the WiiU and also use it as a launch title for the next system; similar to what they did for Twilight Princess. But I still feel the new system might be a bit away.

I think Nintendo presented their content (what little and disappointing content they had) nicely. They made some announcements prior to E3 that their digital event was only going to focus on games coming out this year, so it wasn't really surprising that their event was a complete disappointment. Kind of a bummer because I felt like they were just starting to get back on the horse this year, but when it comes time to actually drum up some hype they face-plant and show garbage like that Metroid game.

I really enjoyed Sony's presentation though, actually got me really hyped. Kind of glad I have a PS4 now.