Sennheiser momentum headphones

http://electronics.woot.com/offers/sennheiser-momentum-on-ear-headphones-27?ref=gh_el_3_d_ph

You guys are way more knowledgeable than me when it comes to headphones but this seems like a good pair for when your on the road.

probably gonna pick these up and upgrade from my sony POS.  figure i would use my HD598's at home and these for traveling and other shit outside the house.

I had these for a month before I sold them. As far as sound quality on a portable headphone, they were excellent. They also had a cool look and came with a nice case. However, I hated the fit. Might have just been me but I just found that I couldn't listen for more than an hour because of the way they pinched my ears. But then again, I'm pretty tall and have somewhat big ears. My suggestion would be to go try them on for a little while and see. At that price, I think they're a pretty good deal for portable headphones. I even considered going to the Momentum over-ear for a while because I liked everything but the fit.

Same, solid sound, but I hate the on-ear design (not just on these but overall). A pretty good deal for $70, but personally I'd double the budget and go for the over-ear model, which is an absolutely stellar headphone (they're currently $160 on amazon, the lowest it's ever been).

Also note that this price isn't out of the ordinary, they're often below $90, a couple of weeks ago the even dropped to $50.

Thanks for the input guys. Like I said I dont have very much experience with headphones. My girls bought me sennheisers hd598's for fathers day and I bought an a schiit asgard to go with it. I still definitely need to upgrade my POS Sony on ear headphones though for when i'm away from the turntable.

The other thing to note about the Momentum on-ear is that they have a relatively small oval shape (about the size of an ear) with a pretty tight clamping force. I used to have Sony on-ears much like I imagine yours are, and I found the Momentums way less comfortable. But that being said, they are pretty small overall for portability. I've used other on ears that are more comfortable, but are more like studio monitors.

I have a feeling that because the Momentum series is a popular everyday brand (rather than pure hifi/audiophile) you will find them for sale almost everywhere. You should see if you can go into a store and try them on. My advice is to try to test for 15 minutes and see how they feel afterwards.

My guess is that if you're used to the 598s, which are quite comfortable, you won't like the Momentum on ears very much.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001EYU3L2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1434303502&sr=8-1π=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=sony+mdr-nc7&dpPl=1&dpID=41u7HArWSGL&ref=plSrch

Above are my sony headphones. I use these for everything.

I borrowed my father in laws Bose quiet comfort 15's and was blown away by the difference. So much so that I said I am getting the HD598's for fathers day and bought myself an amp. So I havent used the sennheisers yet. Will probably wait for a decent portable over ear to come my way at a decent price.