Jump to content

PO Soon: Anti-Flag - For Blood And Empire 180gr red (by MOV)


Recommended Posts

$_12.JPG

 

Got this news from my friend who work at local record shop. And now i saw it on ebay already.

 

Music On Vinyl represses For Blood And Empire on 180gr red vinyl. 

Release date is 13th July.

 


  • 180 gram audiophile vinyl
  • Gatefold sleeve
  • 8-page booklet
  • First pressing of 1000 numbered copies on red transparent vinyl
  •  


 

 


 

Probably, EU price will be something around 25-26 Euro.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 5 years later...

New pressing by Music on Vinyl coming 2/19/21. 
- White Marble Vinyl
- Limited to /1500
- Individually Numbered
https://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/anti-flag/for-blood-empire#.X_yIudhKiUk

Uk preorder:
https://www.banquetrecords.com/anti-flag/for-blood-and-empire/MOVLP1479C

If anybody knows of and US preorder let me know!

Edited by kylet
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would look at the Jack’s Mannequin Thread for insight into which US stores will get this. It will likely function just the same since they were both MOV, numbered and out of /1,500. As for me, I’ll just order from the EU from HHV. They did good last time.

 

https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/anti-flag-for-blood-and-empire-797647?p=cABUJa

 

EDIT:

Looking at that thread it looks like Bullmoose was the only one in the US to get some and it was very limited. It went up or SRC and Amazon US but most ?nobody? Didn’t get their orders. $41.50 from HHV

Edited by MCDELTAT
Link to post
Share on other sites

This was one of my fav albums from them for a time period. Haven't bought anything of theirs since The People or The Gun.

 

Lately I can't really get past the hypocrisy of a band making songs called "Anti-Violent" and preaching tolerance while also selling their fans messages of "Kill This" or "Kill That" while pushing hatred and violence towards friends and neighbors with different political opinions. Seems outright irresponsible of them to continue doing so during this hostile political climate.

 

I always loved their passion in their music, and the unity and camaraderie that was part of their shows, but the last few times I saw them it just felt more like shortsighted screaming and tribalism. Perhaps it's an age thing, when I was young I hated Bush and wanted to scream against his politics and hug people in the crowd who were part of my "tribe." But as I grow older, I'm increasingly made to feel like I am viewed as an "enemy" as I start to enter into what some view as "patriarchy" as an older fellow from a specific demographic which is popular to bash on and make assumptions about these days.

 

Also, I fully realize that Anti-Flag have always been hypocrites in their music. So it's not them who have changed, but myself.  I'm not buying in to the hypocrisy anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ROVVLES said:

This was one of my fav albums from them for a time period. Haven't bought anything of theirs since The People or The Gun.

 

 

 

Lately I can't really get past the hypocrisy of a band making songs called "Anti-Violent" and preaching tolerance while also selling their fans messages of "Kill This" or "Kill That" while pushing hatred and violence towards friends and neighbors with different political opinions. Seems outright irresponsible of them to continue doing so during this hostile political climate.

 
 
 
Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Replay
Unmute
 
Current Time 0:19
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 100.00%
 
 
0:19
Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:00
 
Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

 

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I always loved their passion in their music, and the unity and camaraderie that was part of their shows, but the last few times I saw them it just felt more like shortsighted screaming and tribalism. Perhaps it's an age thing, when I was young I hated Bush and wanted to scream against his politics and hug people in the crowd who were part of my "tribe." But as I grow older, I'm increasingly made to feel like I am viewed as an "enemy" as I start to enter into what some view as "patriarchy" as an older fellow from a specific demographic which is popular to bash on and make assumptions about these days.

 

Also, I fully realize that Anti-Flag have always been hypocrites in their music. So it's not them who have changed, but myself.  I'm not buying in to the hypocrisy anymore.

It is what it is man. Punk rock in general is pretty hypocritical when you think about it. It's a genre based around negative feelings, being as anti conformative as possible, fighting the system, yet every punk band is trying to be successful at what they do by making a living selling music. That alone is pretty hypocritical lol. 

I still listen to the newer stuff but not like I used to. The band was one of the first shows I ever saw on the new kind of army era. I still really dig the earlier records, I dig them as people, I'll be picking this up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

I would look at the Jack’s Mannequin Thread for insight into which US stores will get this. It will likely function just the same since they were both MOV, numbered and out of /1,500. As for me, I’ll just order from the EU from HHV. They did good last time.

 

https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/anti-flag-for-blood-and-empire-797647?p=cABUJa

 

EDIT:

Looking at that thread it looks like Bullmoose was the only one in the US to get some and it was very limited. It went up or SRC and Amazon US but most ?nobody? Didn’t get their orders. $41.50 from HHV

Wait for it appears at jpc.de

It wi be less than 30 euros shipped to usa

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kylet said:

It is what it is man. Punk rock in general is pretty hypocritical when you think about it. It's a genre based around negative feelings, being as anti conformative as possible, fighting the system, yet every punk band is trying to be successful at what they do by making a living selling music. That alone is pretty hypocritical lol. 

I still listen to the newer stuff but not like I used to. The band was one of the first shows I ever saw on the new kind of army era. I still really dig the earlier records, I dig them as people, I'll be picking this up. 

Valid point.

 

I dig the members of the band as people as well. Met Chris Dos after a show in LA shortly after meeting Stacey Dee of Bad Cop / Bad Cop (this was before they signed to Fat and I had no idea she was even in a band at the time). I told Chris about a time a year or so prior at Warped Tour when he dove into the crowd. I had my hand held up to help catch him if he got close and he end up grabbing my hand coincidentally to steady himself on top of the crowd before he dove back toward the stage. I got to tell him about that and he said jokingly that I probably saved his life. haha

 

Also got to give Pat Thetic a hug after a show when I showed him that I had caught one of his drumsticks.

 

I definitely want the guys to be able to support themselves and keep making music. It's just an odd dynamic during these times when I don't agree with everything that they say as much as I used to. But hey, if I'm going to buy one of their albums and show them support, I'd prefer to do it while supporting one of the older albums I really enjoyed. I used to have the pic disc of this back when I was collecting a lot of their stuff. This one and Underground Network were always my favs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

I would look at the Jack’s Mannequin Thread for insight into which US stores will get this. It will likely function just the same since they were both MOV, numbered and out of /1,500. As for me, I’ll just order from the EU from HHV. They did good last time.

 

https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/anti-flag-for-blood-and-empire-797647?p=cABUJa

 

EDIT:

Looking at that thread it looks like Bullmoose was the only one in the US to get some and it was very limited. It went up or SRC and Amazon US but most ?nobody? Didn’t get their orders. $41.50 from HHV

I was able to order the MOV Everything in Transit pressing from my local record store.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The conversation about outgrowing their view is interesting to me. I've had the opposite experience. I did not enjoy them or their views in the 90s/early 00s. I saw them a bunch just by virtue of opening for someone else (Bouncing Souls mostly). I was young. I just wanted to have a good time and not be preached at. I didn't care about politics. I saw them on their last tour twice and realized there was an equilibrium of their views and my awakening (and age). Their albums are hit and miss for me.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, turk99 said:

The conversation about outgrowing their view is interesting to me. I've had the opposite experience. I did not enjoy them or their views in the 90s/early 00s. I saw them a bunch just by virtue of opening for someone else (Bouncing Souls mostly). I was young. I just wanted to have a good time and not be preached at. I didn't care about politics. I saw them on their last tour twice and realized there was an equilibrium of their views and my awakening (and age). Their albums are hit and miss for me.  

Their live shows were always a good experience. Always an overwhelming sense of unity in the crowd. Seen them a handful of times going back to 2001 when they were on a side stage at Warped Tour. We were "woke" before woke was "woke." haha

I still agree with a lot of their views. But I do feel like they got soft on the establishment during Obama administration, and I'm more of a "criticize all politicians equally" kind of guy. I really don't like the taste of someone telling me "don't vote for this scumbag" while encouraging me to vote for another scumbag.  When I was younger it was easier to buy in to the hype, but in my older years the hypocrisy gets harder to ignore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 1/12/2021 at 9:25 PM, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

I remember their lame excuse when they signed to RCA. They said something about how they can spread their message to more fans. 

That's not really a lame excuse at all. Rage was even more politically active, were signed to Epic/Song BMG, and no one doubts their "punk credentials". They fought somewhat hard to keep full creative control contractually, etc. RCA wasn't allowed to dictate tracks that made it, lyrics, artwork, etc.

Anyways.... the real reason I came here. Anyone have experience with Ascendia as a shipping company? Do they carry it the whole way or tenure it over to the USPS for last mile stuff? I ordered this from HHV (not my first time) and it just says "Mar 8, 2021 3:45 PM    Delivery attempt (addressee unknown)". I looked at the address and I did type a single character incorrectly into the city name, but the ZIP code and address are 100% correct. Wonder if they're holding it or shipping it all the way back to EU or?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2021 at 1:16 PM, MCDELTAT said:

That's not really a lame excuse at all. Rage was even more politically active, were signed to Epic/Song BMG, and no one doubts their "punk credentials". They fought somewhat hard to keep full creative control contractually, etc. RCA wasn't allowed to dictate tracks that made it, lyrics, artwork, etc.

Then they should've called themselves Rage With The Machine to be more accurate, but that might not have sold as many albums to us idiots in the 90s. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got mine from HHV. USPS has been super jank for me recently. Apparently my whole city was targeted in mail box break ins, it was right around the time of stimulus checks, last year. Since then they've done weird and silly stuff where they'll put my package onto the truck, determine not to deliver it, and then I have to go pick up things. Going on about a year now where I have to go pick up things.

For this one, I didn't get a USPS tracking at all,  Asendia support gave me one that said "we left a notice" which they did not. Went to the post office, they claimed not to have it, I asked them to look again, TADA! Sounds good, looks good. Unfortunately the nice sleeve MOV ships things in was a little torn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

I got mine from HHV. USPS has been super jank for me recently. Apparently my whole city was targeted in mail box break ins, it was right around the time of stimulus checks, last year. Since then they've done weird and silly stuff where they'll put my package onto the truck, determine not to deliver it, and then I have to go pick up things. Going on about a year now where I have to go pick up things.

For this one, I didn't get a USPS tracking at all,  Asendia support gave me one that said "we left a notice" which they did not. Went to the post office, they claimed not to have it, I asked them to look again, TADA! Sounds good, looks good. Unfortunately the nice sleeve MOV ships things in was a little torn.

Yikes! Sounds like a headache.

According to the website my order is still pending. Time to send them an email I suppose. Hopefully this website is legit. It was the only American distro I could find that had copies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×

oh my wow GIF by ESPN Deportes

 

Please disable AdBlock OR sign-in in order to be able to access our website...

I Understand, I'll disable it for this website