PO- Frank Turner - Positive Songs For Negative People (8/7)

PO from Frank's site and get access to ticket presale: http://frankturner.shop.bravadousa.com/Dept.aspx?cp=60716_71684

POSTIVE SONGS FOR NEGATIVE PEOPLE
1. The Angel Islington
2. Get Better
3. The Next Storm
4. The Opening Act Of Spring
5. Glorious You
6. Mittens
7. Out Of Breath
8. Demons
9. Josephine
10. Love Forty Down
11. Silent Key
12. Song For Josh

DELUXE BONUS ACOUSTIC ALBUM
1. Get Better (Acoustic)
2. The Next Storm (Acoustic)
3. The Opening Act Of Spring (Acoustic)
4. Glorious You (Acoustic)
5. Mittens (Acoustic)
6. Out Of Breath (Acoustic)
7. Demons (Acoustic)
8. Josephine (Acoustic)
9. Love Forty Down (Acoustic)
10. Silent Key (Acoustic)

New video featuring CM PUNK:

Sorry you disagree with me. I love the autobiographical nature of his lyrics. Being relatable is the most important part of punk music in my opinion, and Frank nails it.

I hear ya. I think Frank is ok. To each their own.

I dig when people are passionate about music at all - so that's cool.

Greatest songwriter of our generation

100% agree.  He is without a doubt my favorite person to listen to over the last 5 or 6 years.  He can basically do no wrong.

With that said, I think The Next Storm is a little bit boring.  It's good, but I liked the first new song, Get Better, a lot more.

The thing with Frank Turner's albums is that there's always a couple of incredible songs, several totally forgettable songs, and 1-2 complete turds.  He's really inconsistent, but someday he's going to have the best greatest hits album of all time.

Also, $30 for the vinyl?  Looks like I'll be sticking to digital with this one.

I think Tape Deck Heart was his first album with a bunch of forgettable songs. Before that I could shuffle his whole discography and never skip a track.  But not everyone has to feel that way, obviously.

I agree that $30 for normal black vinyl is a stretch.  I was hoping there would be some sort of interesting preorder, whether it be a colored variant or a bunch of signed copies or something, but oh well.  I'll wait til I see it in a store somewhere for cheaper.

Born in 88, started buying my own music in 98. I don't really know what generation I'm actually aligned to though. I don't think my generation has seen too many true songwriters like Frank. Again, just my opinion.

When I think of best songwriters, still alive and making music, I think of Jeff Tweedy (who I don't even like his music, but he's undeniably good), Sufjan Stevens, Conor Oberst, etc.

Born in 88, started buying my own music in 98. I don't really know what generation I'm actually aligned to though. I don't think my generation has seen too many true songwriters like Frank. Again, just my opinion.

Now you've made me feel old. I remember buying my first record in 1988. Spending about 15 minutes deciding between two records as it was such a huge deal to me.

I've only heard the England Keep My Bones, which I loved, so may check this out.

Well, at least that's confirmation that the $30 LP doesn't contain any of the bonus tracks. Fucking ridiculous.