Butterfly Puke Records thread (we're back!)

This post is a placeholder for future plans for my label Butterfly Puke Records.

We'll be putting our webstore back up shortly, and we'll be releasing cassette tapes of my band's new EP which you can download for free here: http://www.teencreepswi.bandcamp.com (think Pavement or Built to Spill.)

Edited by Shinji

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm not sure if anybody saw our post, but we're making promo tapes of some music I made and we're sending them away for free.

The post:

"My name is Chris, and I am one half of Butterfly Puke Records. Though growing up writing music, I've been somewhat reclusive as of late, in the sense that I pick and choose what actually makes it out in the world, because I'll be honest, I'm totally self-conscious about my music. I wrote a song called "Rose Colored Glasses" about two months ago and immediately recorded it, along with a cover of a Built To Spill song called "Carry The Zero."

"Rose Colored Glasses" is about how I've pushed almost everyone I love away from me for so long, that when I finally need them, they're far from me.

Now, I have no idea if I will ever put any other music out into the world, but I had to release this on a physical format because I have never really had that opportunity; but I want it to be free to anyone who wants it.

That's where you guys come in: Stream/download the songs for free as you wish, but also, we will be making some old school cassingle promo cassette tapes with these songs, and we want to give you them for free. Seriously. We will only make however many are requested, and I, Chris, will personally pay for these to be made (not taking any money out of the BPR vault) and I will mail them out to anybody who wants one.

If you would like a free promo copy of the single, email [email protected] with your name and address by Friday, August 7th. Share this status around if you wish, the more people who want one, the more work I have for myself, so the more sane I am.

To listen to the songs, head over to our BandCamp: https://butterflypukerecords.bandcamp.com/album/rose-colored-glasses-b-w-carry-the-zero

Thanks!"