PO: toe. - Hear You (Topshelf Records)

A delay and colour in colour is changing. Just got this email:

Hey there, 

You're getting this email because you ordered a copy of toe's newest album Hear You on vinyl from us. We seriously cannot thank you enough for the support and sharing your excitement on toe's newest album with us. They are one of our favorite bands and we are thrilled to be part of this release. The LP jacket will have a die cut cover and an inside print while the LP will come inside a yellow dust sleeve. 

Unfortunately we've hit some delays on the vinyl and we wanted to update you to let you know that we expect orders to start shipping out mid to late November (from both US and UK webstores). Also, there has been a slight change to the color scheme for the record you ordered. The plant has just informed us that they cannot do yellow inside of black color in color so these records will now be black inside of yellow color in color. We know that this is not what you'd like to be hearing from us, especially since some of you ordered this in July. The initial wait was longer than we expected and we had originally planned for the vinyl to be in stores on 10/16 and in our hands, and shipping to you, by the end of September. This is the timeline we were originally given from the pressing plant and the test pressings along with all artwork have been approved since July. Pressing vinyl in 2015 has been some of the most difficult times we've ever faced with vinyl and right now our hands have been tied as we've been anxiously awaiting updates from the plant. 

Bummed a bit, but this is life now. If we want the luxury of Bieber vinyl(s) and useless reissues of readily available albums, we've got to compromise a tiny bit and accept these delays as the plants get overloaded with grails.

oooooo I gotcha. I thought you meant back in july or whatever!

Nooo haha. I decided to finally get into toe so I ordered this along with their 2 other full lengths. I also needed Pneuma, Forward, and the self-titled by Moving Mountains. It wasn't until after I placed the order that I noticed it still said "preorder" for Hear You and I thought "what the hell?? I thought this came out months ago." I had no idea about the delays and thought "well, I can wait a couple weeks I guess."

• 1 month later...

From them guyz,

Hi everyone, 

The time has finally come to give you a positive update here. We've received tracking from the plant and the records are scheduled to arrive on Monday 11/30 (and a few days later for our UK store). This means we'll start shipping your order out next week! Please keep in mind that there are a lot of orders for this release and this is also the week following Black Friday which might back us up a bit but rest assured we will be doing all we can to ship orders out as fast and efficiently as possible. 

Again, thank you so much for your patience with this release and for supporting independent music.

-Kevin & Seth

I listened last night -- been holding off -- and it's really good. If you like any of their discography, this fits in perfectly re: their musical trajectory.

Shame re: the mess up at the plant re: the variant colors - the plants really do run the show and indie labels are at their mercy, getting shafted on wrong colors, etc.  I've never cancelled an order.