Official Numero Group Thread

I've really enjoyed following the Mondo/Death Waltz thread, and wanted to create a similar thread to discuss the past sets and upcoming releases from the excellent Numero Group.

So let me kick it off with a couple of questions:

- Do you have a favorite Numero release or series?

- Is anyone trying to collect the whole collection? (Much like some Criterion fans do with movies?)

- Are there any releases you took a chance on and ended up not liking?

- What are you looking forward to?

060 Ork Records: New York, New York announced and available for pre-order

ork-records-new-york-new-york-1.jpg

In August of 1975, the world’s first punk record label was born. Ork Records: New York, New York is a tale of Terry Ork, a film-obsessed fugitive of Warhol’s Factory set. Ork’s impresario ear would pull damaged, literate new rock music from the pregnant Bowery grime of CBGB, resulting in debut 45s by Television and Richard Hell, as well as landmark recordings by the Feelies and Lester Bangs. It’s a tale of Charles Ball, who’d steer Ork Records through solo exploits by Big Star’s Alex Chilton and the dBs’ Chris Stamey. And it’s a tale told across 2 CD or 4 LPs s in scorching sides by Richard Lloyd, Marbles, Prix, Mick Farren, Cheetah Chrome, the Idols, the Erasers, the Revelons, Student Teachers, and more. Our deluxe 190-page hardback book features evocative, unseen imagery, a portal opened by on-the-scene photojournalists as crucial to documenting punk’s conception in the squalid Lower East Side as the walls of CBGB itself. Ork Records: New York, New York is a vision-by-7” of punk and new wave as invented, nurtured, feted, and forgotten by the street-level artisans who attended the genres’ arrival.

Bonus 45 features two previously unreleased tracks by the Feelies. A Boy Next Door is an unreleased studio cut from 1977, while the flip is a cover of Bacharach’s My Little Red Book recorded live at CBGB December 14, 1976. Limited to 2000 copies.

060 Ork Records: New York, New York announced and available for pre-order

ork-records-new-york-new-york-1.jpg

In August of 1975, the world’s first punk record label was born. Ork Records: New York, New York is a tale of Terry Ork, a film-obsessed fugitive of Warhol’s Factory set. Ork’s impresario ear would pull damaged, literate new rock music from the pregnant Bowery grime of CBGB, resulting in debut 45s by Television and Richard Hell, as well as landmark recordings by the Feelies and Lester Bangs. It’s a tale of Charles Ball, who’d steer Ork Records through solo exploits by Big Star’s Alex Chilton and the dBs’ Chris Stamey. And it’s a tale told across 2 CD or 4 LPs s in scorching sides by Richard Lloyd, Marbles, Prix, Mick Farren, Cheetah Chrome, the Idols, the Erasers, the Revelons, Student Teachers, and more. Our deluxe 190-page hardback book features evocative, unseen imagery, a portal opened by on-the-scene photojournalists as crucial to documenting punk’s conception in the squalid Lower East Side as the walls of CBGB itself. Ork Records: New York, New York is a vision-by-7” of punk and new wave as invented, nurtured, feted, and forgotten by the street-level artisans who attended the genres’ arrival.

Bonus 45 features two previously unreleased tracks by the Feelies. A Boy Next Door is an unreleased studio cut from 1977, while the flip is a cover of Bacharach’s My Little Red Book recorded live at CBGB December 14, 1976. Limited to 2000 copies.

This is going to be AWESOME.

I would love to see a June of 44 box set ;-)

Yes! That would be perfect. I would also love to see them do a set for the almighty Rodan, even though that stuff is all available.