PO: Weatherbox - The Cosmic Drama (Repress)

3. They’re Ready For Us To Come Home (2014 BAND VERSION)*

15. I’m Ready For You To Come Back (7” version)*

Some questions  -

3. They're Ready For Us To Come Home - There are two different re-recorded versions of this with the band do you know if he is using the first or the second one for this album?

15. I'm Ready For You To Come Back - Is this the St. Angry remix version or the 'normal' version?

Thanks so stoked this is happening we all been waiting for quite some time.

Kinda sad not to see Get Yours on the list but will be awesome to hear 4 song ep on vinyl

• 3 weeks later...

Just now seeing that the original They're Ready For Us To Come Home is replaced in the tracklisting and I'm honestly kinda bummed on that. To me, that song is beautiful as an acoustic track and flows perfectly on the album. I'm sure this reissue will still be great and overall an improvement from the OG, but I've always felt this album is perfect the way that it is. idk I'm being melodramatic, haha. I'm still excited to get my copy.

• 3 weeks later...

"Blue and yellow marble" I'm so sick of vinyl companies shipping out something different than advertised. I get it--the music matters more, but why bother putting up descriptions if they aren't accurate at all. If something changes, just tell us.

It's the pressing plants. Sucks for the labels and customers mostly. It's more frustrating when labels ok super shitty sounding records to meet hype deadlines like RSD (IE The Pianos Become The Teeth 7"). To be honest I forgot which variant I ordered of this and just figured it was supposed to be clear blue until you mentioned it lol.

"Blue and yellow marble" I'm so sick of vinyl companies shipping out something different than advertised. I get it--the music matters more, but why bother putting up descriptions if they aren't accurate at all. If something changes, just tell us.

Just buy black if you want to know exactly what every record you order will look like.

It's the pressing plants. Sucks for the labels and customers mostly. It's more frustrating when labels ok super shitty sounding records to meet hype deadlines like RSD (IE The Pianos Become The Teeth 7"). To be honest I forgot which variant I ordered of this and just figured it was supposed to be clear blue until you mentioned it lol.

Yeah, I saw your post and I held on to the miniscule hope that yours was a different variant but I got mine today and it's the transparent blue. I understand it may not be the label's fault, but there should be some sort of accountability somewhere I feel. I agree with you, vinyl seems to be an industry where either plants or labels can screw stuff up and it still gets approved to pass down the line for one reason or another, and that's what gets frustrating to me. This isn't a big deal at the end of the day, but c'mon. I was just really excited for the marble, it just sounds like such a neato variant. Either way I'm excited to finally have this on vinyl. I still like you, Topshelf.

Just buy black if you want to know exactly what every record you order will look like.

Shouldn't the selling company put up accurate descriptions? Part of collecting for me is getting cool variants. In this case, there were three to choose from, so I chose the one that appealed to me most. It's a bonus to the music. I don't think I'm asking too much to be surprised when I get something that was different from what was advertised. Like I said, it's fine, but just change the description.

Shouldn't the selling company put up accurate descriptions?

Chances are Topshelf didn't intentionally troll you and hundreds of others on the colour. It would have been a screw up on the pressing plants end.

I also doubt Topshelf would get a full refund if they asked for them to repress it with the correct colours.

I also doubt a whole lot of people other than you would be down to wait another month or longer to get the same exact thing on a different colour.

Chances are Topshelf didn't intentionally troll you and hundreds of others on the colour. It would have been a screw up on the pressing plants end.

I also doubt Topshelf would get a full refund if they asked for them to repress it with the correct colours.

I also doubt a whole lot of people other than you would be down to wait another month or longer to get the same exact thing on a different colour.

I don't think it's fair to discredit his issue with it though. It would be nice if pressing plants compensated labels when this stuff occurs but they really don't have to (supply/demand).

I absolutely don't think TSR owes anyone who pre-ordered this album anything. If I pre-ordered a video game and it ended up sucking that would be on me for buying it beforehand. Simply updating the description of the record and firing off an email before it ships would ease the blow a bit.

Regardless paying a premium for a cooler looking record is silly, we've all done it, I'll see you all in hell!

I don't think it's fair to discredit his issue with it though. It would be nice if pressing plants compensated labels when this stuff occurs but they really don't have to (supply/demand).

I absolutely don't think TSR owes anyone who pre-ordered this album anything. If I pre-ordered a video game and it ended up sucking that would be on me for buying it beforehand. Simply updating the description of the record and firing off an email before it ships would ease the blow a bit.

Regardless paying a premium for a cooler looking record is silly, we've all done it, I'll see you all in hell!

I agree that it's not ideal. But his comment about Topshelf putting up "accurate descriptions" was kind of pointless. Obviously they didn't know when they put up the preorder.

I agree that it's not ideal. But his comment about Topshelf putting up "accurate descriptions" was kind of pointless. Obviously they didn't know when they put up the preorder.

I think he was implying that now that they do know, maybe they should update it.

No harm no foul. Technically there is a smidgen of yellow marble in this variant. Kinda.