PO: Weatherbox - The Cosmic Drama (Repress)

I agree that it's not ideal. But his comment about Topshelf putting up "accurate descriptions" was kind of pointless. Obviously they didn't know when they put up the preorder.

I think he was implying that now that they do know, maybe they should update it.

No harm no foul. Technically there is a smidgen of yellow marble in this variant. Kinda.

Thanks Rambo, that was exactly my point. I didn't come here to cause issue, and yes, I do agree that I am not owed or deserve anything for this error. But now that the issue is known, regardless of where along the line the error was made, the description should probably be changed since it's still available for sale as far as I can tell. But at the end of the day I don't run a label.

I also doubt Topshelf would get a full refund if they asked for them to repress it with the correct colours.

This is where the root of my issue comes in and just judging from some emails I've gotten from labels about having to change variants before, I imagine you're probably right about. Isn't this bologna? I just imagine ordering a hamburger specifically with no cheese, being given a cheeseburger, then being made to pay for the replacement. Or alternatively, not having to pay for it but being sent to the back of the line only to wait from the start all over again. I think that's silly, and causes a domino effect to the label and then to us who both don't deserve that. 

I think we're all on the same side here for the most part. And just to reiterate--I have no problem with Topshelf at all. 

"Blue and yellow marble" I'm so sick of vinyl companies shipping out something different than advertised. I get it--the music matters more, but why bother putting up descriptions if they aren't accurate at all. If something changes, just tell us.

Really sorry your record doesn't have any yellow in it. What we have listed on our site/store is what we ordered. We were never told of any issues from the plant not being able to make them how we asked and when we got the records all of the ones we looked at have yellow and blue mixed together. Albeit, not as much yellow as i'd personally had hoped but still what we had listed. I don't think it warrants us changing what the color is listed as and in the past we've tried to communicate with anyone who's bought something from us in advance if an issue like a color change does happen. If you'd like a replacement or a different color you can email orders at topshelfrecords dot com and we'll do our best to take care of you.

Thanks Rambo, that was exactly my point. I didn't come here to cause issue, and yes, I do agree that I am not owed or deserve anything for this error. But now that the issue is known, regardless of where along the line the error was made, the description should probably be changed since it's still available for sale as far as I can tell. But at the end of the day I don't run a label.

This is where the root of my issue comes in and just judging from some emails I've gotten from labels about having to change variants before, I imagine you're probably right about. Isn't this bologna? I just imagine ordering a hamburger specifically with no cheese, being given a cheeseburger, then being made to pay for the replacement. Or alternatively, not having to pay for it but being sent to the back of the line only to wait from the start all over again. I think that's silly, and causes a domino effect to the label and then to us who both don't deserve that. 

I think we're all on the same side here for the most part. And just to reiterate--I have no problem with Topshelf at all. 

Not how it works. There is no guarantee on how vinyl is going to come out. It is pretty much an inherent aspect of the process. When a hamburger is made it is very easy to either add, or not add an ingredient.