PO: NOW! - Caspian - Dust and Disquiet (9/25/15)

Today on Discogs I grabbed a copy of Hymn Of The Greatest Generation on cloudy clear vinyl for a very cheap price from the US, 16$ international shipping included.

They have already relisted it if someone is interested http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/275795768

Then I checked how much it is on Hello Merch and that's the discovery.

There's a new press of Hymn on cream with light grey splatter.

No pressing info or preview available but the variant sounds nice to me and I could't resist.

Since I was there I grabbed a copy of Waking Season on forest green which is also very cool and made the shipping affordable.

http://hellomerch.com/collections/caspian/products/hymn-for-the-greatest-generation-ep

Thank you buddy!

Very infrequent poster here. Mostly at DF.

Anyway, been reading this thread since last week and nobody here has talked about the misspress of the 180g Black/400, to my surprise. According to the label and Hello, many copies of this were shipped with two A/B sides and no C/D. I didn't experience this, but did get one with a visual nick, that translated into a tick on the A side in the first track. Total bummer. Totally amazing album regardless!

Also, anyone else notice this record sounding very flat tonally? I had to crank the treble in a way I don't normally... on anything else.

Lastly, do you dudes listen to your records or just talk about variants endlessly? Sure looks that way, if you read this thread from the beginning! Not bashing, but seems odd.

Anyway, been reading this thread since last week and nobody here has talked about the misspress of the 180g Black/400, to my surprise. According to the label and Hello, many copies of this were shipped with two A/B sides and no C/D. I didn't experience this, but did get one with a visual nick, that translated into a tick on the A side in the first track. Total bummer. Totally amazing album regardless!

Also, anyone else notice this record sounding very flat tonally? I had to crank the treble in a way I don't normally... on anything else.

Lastly, do you dudes listen to your records or just talk about variants endlessly? Sure looks that way, if you read this thread from the beginning! Not bashing, but seems odd.

Someone mentioned getting two a/b discs a page or two back... It's also a labeling/packaging error, not a mispress

So...Bensonhurst?

caspian is playing 40 mins from me and I'm at home because of life happening. story of my life as something always seems to just kick me in the wedding tackle.

That means you live somewhere near Lawrence? Love that town, just wish it were elsewhere.

Sorry you aren't making the show. They were amazing when I saw them here in Brooklyn.

we put the collective in well, collective. not too terribly odd. when you know the band you're ordering is going to play songs on a record you're buying, variant life happens. consider it the seasoned salt to a bland slab of meat.

That means you live somewhere near Lawrence? Love that town, just wish it were elsewhere.

Sorry you aren't making the show. They were amazing when I saw them here in Brooklyn.

yeah. just northeast a bit. i think Lawrence is so amazing and totally blows the stereotypical "Kansas is crappy" statement clear out of the water. best record store in the area but my journeys there are less frequent. 3-4 times a month to 3-4 times a year.

yeah. just northeast a bit. i think Lawrence is so amazing and totally blows the stereotypical "Kansas is crappy" statement clear out of the water. best record store in the area but my journeys there are less frequent. 3-4 times a month to 3-4 times a year.

Lived in Olathe, before moving to NY a bunch of years ago, so I know what you mean. Bought my OG copy of Mad Season at Love Garden when they were still in the old space. Great store though. I miss that place.

I agree that my black copy sounds a bit flat. Was disappointed in that, but the side B scratch is really what bummed me out. Hello Merch seems to have emailed everyone about the double A/B issue so I addressed my scratch with them as my reply. So anyone that has the A/B issue should check their email if they haven't yet.

I really wanted an album with the quality of Jakob's Solace which is perfect. BUT, D & D is so good no matter what that I can get past it.

As far as the variant comment, I think everyone else took care of that, but go look at some of the variants for this album. They are fantastic & worthy of the discussion.

Also, I'm rewatching Live at Larcom right now & I hate everyone seeing them. I love this bluray, but I need all of this in person. My Caspian appetite is currently insatiable.

Lived in Olathe, before moving to NY a bunch of years ago, so I know what you mean. Bought my OG copy of Mad Season at Love Garden when they were still in the old space. Great store though. I miss that place.

I used to work in Lenexa. lots of friends in Olathe. my buddy who is at the show sent a pic. looked small.

Anyone have a favorite track yet? Mine is "Echo and Abyss". This album is a beast IMHO! Just can't get enough.

I can't get over the 4 song section of Rioseco -> Arcs of Command -> Echo and Abyss -> Run Dry. I keep repeating that section over and over. All of the emotions, great song writing etc. 

Unlike most on here, I'm not in love with the closer. I mean, still think its great though.