PO: NOW! - Caspian - Dust and Disquiet (9/25/15)

So has anyone reached out to Merch Direct for their replacement black copies? I got my replacement for my scratched copy lightning quick. Solid job by them for making it right.

I got my 180g Black yesterday and had the duplicate A/B issue also. My 'proper' A/B also was scratched. I emailed them yesterday and got a reply today to say they are replacing my scratched copy and adding me to the list for the replacement C/D.

After listening to the copies I do have I'm not that pumped with the pressing. A lot of surface noise.

Anyone listen to the Hobbledehoy copy? It says it's on Virgin vinyl - would double dip if it sounds better.

I got my 180g Black yesterday and had the duplicate A/B issue also. My 'proper' A/B also was scratched. I emailed them yesterday and got a reply today to say they are replacing my scratched copy and adding me to the list for the replacement C/D.

After listening to the copies I do have I'm not that pumped with the pressing. A lot of surface noise.

Anyone listen to the Hobbledehoy copy? It says it's on Virgin vinyl - would double dip if it sounds better.

Yeah my 180g is very noisey. I thought the Newbury actually sounded better. It'll be a while until I get my Hobbledehoy, but I know Matt (Dave Grohl) got his so maybe he can chime in.

Yeah my 180g is very noisey. I thought the Newbury actually sounded better. It'll be a while until I get my Hobbledehoy, but I know Matt (Dave Grohl) got his so maybe he can chime in.

180g definitely took some cleaning, but I'm not spending too much time on it since it was a misprint. We'll see when the replacement comes in. As for the Newbury, that copy sounds amazing. I just got in the BSM black and black w/ splatter, so I'm about to throw those on  at some point this week, and then the tour.

The Newbury variant looks awesome. I'm glad it sounds good since it's got white and is splatter, 2 things which usually make sounds take a hit. Hopefully I can grab a copy when I get paid this week.

Lol holy shit

<3

i5jFdtg.gif

<3

<3

<333

Thank you Elder.

Anything for you.

I saw this one coming a mile away haha.

Hahahahaha.

Gumbodude finally hit the Matt-limit, jeje !!

I hope he doesn't start flipping postrock albums on ebay right after buying at cost from the postrock family (remember "Moo") or decide to charge-back thousands of $$ on PP gift records (a la "Thundrstruckk").edit: Chris Nail

Talking like in idiot in a Caspian thread is a sure way to get on my nerves.

I can't believe I'm actually responding, but holy shit dude, really? Relax! Why do you have to be such a dick? Am I saying not-nice things about you? No, I'm not. I don't do that, because that's a shitty thing to do. I'm not going to leave; just because you say some mean shit and try to posture on the internet. I hope it made you feel better, at least. I mean part of me is kind of chuckling that I'm driving you so crazy here with how I post, because that's such a weird thing to care AT ALL about to begin with.

I'm just going to chalk it up to you having had a bad day, because I know people have reasons for losing it, and they can come from tons of different places.

Take a deep breathe, man. It will be okay.

I can't believe I'm responding. I could have said a lot more, friend. And I'm not being a dick. Did I call you names? No. Just used analogies that actually made sense. Do you know what those are? Why am I asking. Did I yell at you? No. The truth hurts sometimes. I wasn't having a bad day. Nice try though. It was more so you were just needing a reality check, so I gave it to you. Jon summed up your overall annoyance pretty well, so I'm not going to keep this conversation going. I'll end on this: shape up, or fuck off.

180g definitely took some cleaning, but I'm not spending too much time on it since it was a misprint. We'll see when the replacement comes in. As for the Newbury, that copy sounds amazing. I just got in the BSM black and black w/ splatter, so I'm about to throw those on at some point this week, and then the tour.

Have you had a chance to listen to the Hobbledehoy blk/wht split?

They actually all do. The quality for all these pressing are really nice. The gloss, the sleeves, the stamps, the discs.

That was one thing that immediately struck me when I opened my package, how slick the whole presentation is.

And the white vinyl playing buttery-smooth was the icing on the cake. I wish everybody could release shit like this.