PO: NOW! - Caspian - Dust and Disquiet (9/25/15)

39 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

That's my least-favorite Four Trees cover.  I wish they'd do a repress gatefold version of the 1st vinyl press cover.  That's my favorite.  But it makes sense they're repressing everything though after this Underoath tour.  That was some huge visibility for them.  

• 5 months later...

New pressing on what looks to be pilsner with silver splatter:

e8xvdWn.jpg

They have this on tour with them. Apparently it's in stock on Amazon as well labeled as "(2LP) (Colored Vinyl)" . I'll have mine in two days to post my own photos. I talked to Jani today and he didn't even know about it. Haha. 

Edited by Dave Grohl

6 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

e8xvdWn.jpg

They have this on tour with them. Apparently it's in stock on Amazon as well labeled as "(2LP) (Colored Vinyl)" . I'll have mine in two days to post my own photos. I talked to Jani today and he didn't even know about it. Haha. 

It looks really gorgeous, did you order your copy on amazon.com like I did?

Edited by fizio59

7 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

e8xvdWn.jpg

It looked orange-ish in the picture you sent us earlier. I like this one a lot more.

Edited by Thomas³

1 hour ago, fizio59 said:

It looks really gorgeous, did you order your copy on amazon.com like I did?

That I did. When I ordered it said seven copies, and when I was done it said four copies left. I figured one was you. Haha. Nice. I got sent a picture from someone who bought it at the show in Atlanta. I was like what the fuck is that... is that new... She called it 180g but I doubt it is. She has a Crosley so 160g must feel like 180g. Haha. She said it's good, but it looks pilsner to me, like the FT presses that have that similar variant. 

54 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

That I did. When I ordered it said seven copies, and when I was done it said four copies left. I figured one was you. Haha. Nice. I got sent a picture from someone who bought it at the show in Atlanta. I was like what the fuck is that... is that new... She called it 180g but I doubt it is. She has a Crosley so 160g must feel like 180g. Haha. She said it's good, but it looks pilsner to me, like the FT presses that have that similar variant. 

I ordered it when was at 9 left.

Yeah, I guess she doesn't have vinyl topic very clear in her mind being her a Crosley owner.. hahah

It definitely looks like pilsner w/ silver splatter and it's very very nice IMO. Do you know if it's a new limited tour pressing or just a standard colored 2nd pressing /1000 or so?

Edited by fizio59

1 hour ago, fizio59 said:

I ordered it when was at 9 left.

Yeah, I guess she doesn't have vinyl topic very clear in her mind being her a Crosley owner.. hahah

It definitely looks like pilsner w/ silver splatter and it's very very nice IMO. Do you know if it's a new limited tour pressing or just a standard colored 2nd pressing /1000 or so?

Given the band didn't even know about it I think it's the first variant of the official second run. Only place I've seen it available is on tour and amazon. Not sure of the run. I'll find out though. 

1 hour ago, antisyntax said:

anyone have a sound comparison to the first pressings?

my white splash variant is a tad noisy.... and this looks nice

I have every variant. 

Newbury > Tour > 180g

The Newbury tends to need some cleaning, but once you clean it well it sounds amazing. Same with the tour. I've heard there a few off copies of Newbury that need a little more cleaning and you'll  be good cause it's heavy on the splatter. This new pressing is in line with the tour. 

Edited by Dave Grohl

38 minutes ago, Shlebs said:

Those all use the same plates, if a certain version sounds better it's random. My tour copy sounds pristine while someone else a few posts up has one that sounds like ass.

True. The three I listed arw the best out of what I have. Just luck of the draw with noise levels. The EU black with splatter tends to be the least forgiving.