AMERICAN NIGHTMARE / GIVE UP THE GHOST Reunion Doc Blu-Ray

Up now @ DW.

PRE ORDER INFORMATION:

- The estimated ship date is 7/31/15

- If you order other items along with this blu ray, the entire order will not ship until the estimated ship date

American Nightmare (Give Up The Ghost) are one of the most important and influential hardcore/punk bands of the last two decades. The band’s volatile mix of traditional American hardcore, English influenced attitude, and Wesley Eisold’s emotional lyrical prose set a new creative standard for the worldwide hardcore community. Their sphere of influence is far reaching, serving as the bellwether to the giants of punk (AFI, New Found Glory, etc.), metal/hardcore (Hatebreed, GlassJaw, Converge, etc.), and even mainstream music (Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, etc.).

On December 29th and 31st, 2011, the last known incarnation of American Nightmare (Give Up The Ghost) reunited to play their first shows in almost eight long years. One in Boston and the other Los Angeles, these legendary shows were comprised of fanatic audiences who travelled from all over the globe. All to celebrate their intimate connection to the words and music of this highly influential band.

Years in the making, we are proud to present the official footage from these two historic hardcore shows in their entirety on 1080p BluRay and HD Digital formats. Both shows were professionally filmed and edited by Evan Henkel with additional editing by Ian McFarland (McFarland and Pecci Films). Documenting the unmatched energy and emotion that only American Nightmare (Give Up The Ghost) could emanate. Also featuring interviews with Matt Pike (Booking Agent), Chris Wrenn (Bridge 9 Records), Robby Redcheeks (Promoter), Jacob Bannon (Converge, Deathwish), George Hirsch (Blacklisted, Harm Wulf), and Jeremy Bolm (Touche Amore).

http://store.deathwishinc.com/category/new.html

I'm excited to watch this.  I don't have a BluRay player, so hopefully a digital download is an option at some point.  Also, that's an awesome price point!  I was guessing this would be about $20.  Well done, Deathwish!

they have a digital option, it won't be available to watch until August 7th 

Ordered - can't believe how cheap this was!

Was sort of expecting a bunch of different limited options for this but was actually happy for a change to not have to make any decisions on which to buy, etc.

You can also just buy the download solo for $5 at http://americannightmarereunion.com/

Can't believe it's taken three years for this to finally get finished. That trailer was posted in April 2012.

I knew it had been a while since I watched the trailer, but I didn't realize it was that long ago!  My ex-girlfriend was a huge AN fan and I remember her and I talking about how rad this was going to be, seems like forever ago now.

• 2 months later...

Just got this yesterday and watched it. Is anyone else disappointed in it? How on earth did this take 4 years to get released? I thought it would be a real documentary but they don't ever interview the band. The other interviews are really short too and only for the LA show. The Boston show has terrible sound and is kind of pointless because they play the same setlist as the LA show. Even in the LA show Wes' mic is cut off for 2 songs. I thought this would be much better. I'm supper happy that they play shows now and have caught them twice at Webster Hall and it was amazing. I just wish the doc spread more light as to how they got back together and the future of the band. Maybe I'm being nit-picky but I was not impressed by this. 

Anyway I miss old AN but am thankful for anything. I was at this show and I am fairly certain the date is wrong and it was the 11/21/01 show at the old Met Cafe in Providence with the Hope Conspiracy, AN, Thursday, and Converge. Thats like a million scene points right?

I'm extremely disappointed.  

It's nice to relive the shows, I watched the whole thing in its entirety and enjoyed that aspect, but I thought this was a documentary.

The "interviews" were very short, and most of them were in the trailer.  I agree, I have no idea how/why this took so long to be released.  I feel like this is one of the few bands that would have a very interesting story to tell and with such a large fanbase I'm sure many people would want to hear some of the untold stories.  Everyone knows this band was inspirational across the board, I don't need to hear the singer from Touche Amore tell me that.

I know it was inexpensive, but I really don't think I would have bought it knowing what it was.  Hate5Six posts hundreds of shows with great audio and video for free.

Thanks for the insight. I love AN, but from your descriptions it doesn't sound all that great. I felt the same way about the Converge DVD. More of a doc with band interviews with AN would be a great historical document. Maybe they didn't want to be interviewed? It is also annoying when a singer has the crowd sing too much. That is one of the things I didn't like when I saw Touche Amore. I'm not here to see some doofus in the crowd sing your songs. Sing along yeah, but when you're not singing with us it gets boring.