Coheed And Cambria - The Color Before The Sun 10/9/15

Haha I've found that whatever Claud is going through reflects the music. My favorite era was GA1 and he was going trough a very rough patch with his future wife. Obviously everything has been peachy and the music has taken a brighter turn

Brighter? Afterman's a pretty big downer content wise.

I fell WAY out of them with YOTBR but love the Afterman double lp. I can listen to pretty much the whole discography now and enjoy it for one reason for another. But there isn't a whole lot of grey area with most or their fanbase. You either love everything or hate everything after IKSSE or GA1.

I fell WAY out of them with YOTBR but love the Afterman double lp. I can listen to pretty much the whole discography now and enjoy it for one reason for another. But there isn't a whole lot of grey area with most or their fanbase. You either love everything or hate everything after IKSSE or GA1.

Eh, I can even listen up through GA2, but it really was downhill after iksse. Once the story finished they really lost me though.

Thematically yes darker but musically brighter.

I HAAAAAAAATED YOBTR but Domino brought me back to the fold. I'm just happy for new music. Claudio hinted at it dropping on Tuesday on IG

Eh, I can even listen up through GA2, but it really was downhill after iksse. Once the story finished they really lost me though.

GA1 is my absolute favorite. You didn't like Afterman? I enjoyed the prequel story with Amory discovering the Keywork (Heaven's Fence)

I didn't like YOTBR at first, but after getting into NIN, and some of the stuff Trent Reznor did with Atticus Ross (who produced YOTBR) I understood where it was coming from sonically. Atticus' influence on the sound and style is very evident and going back to it after The Afterman allows it to stand up much stronger than before.

I've loved Coheed since first seeing them open for Shai Hulud and at Hellfest waaaaaaaaay back about a million years ago. But man...they started losing me after GA2. YOTBR and Afterman feel forced and dialed in for the sake on continuing this epic sci-fi story and be as prog-metal/rock as possible.

Or maybe I'm just an asshole with his own opinion...

;)