Po Soon - Bodyjar - How it Works

I sometimes utilize pick up from 24hundred as i live 40 minutes or so away from the physical store.....almost everytime i order delivery i have no issues as well........saying that.....i hear the horror stories....its an easy fix as well....get better mailers

Hobbledehoy_records......you rule....repress some EHRL!!!! Spewing i didnt pick up the second album or any of the TPs when i had the chance

I sometimes utilize pick up from 24hundred as i live 40 minutes or so away from the physical store.....almost everytime i order delivery i have no issues as well........saying that.....i hear the horror stories....its an easy fix as well....get better mailers

Hobbledehoy_records......you rule....repress some EHRL!!!! Spewing i didnt pick up the second album or any of the TPs when i had the chance

yeah wasn't a dig at 24hundred, just a general observation.

thanks man. that ehrl 2nd album (hollow be my name) was a one time pressing, but the other two albums are still in print if you're keen.

11659532_993777743979681_289105423763948

Stoked to announce for the first time ever we are releasing ' How It Works ' on vinyl. 3 Colour options will be available, Orange, Blue and Orange/Blue mix. There is only 500 of these available worldwide no more will be pressed so make sure you don't miss out.

To celebrate we are going to play a very special intimate show at the Northcote Social Club in Melbourne on Saturday October 3.

Pre orders for the vinyl and the show are available only from 24Hundred from 9:00am on Thursday the 9th of July.

Australian companies generally don't understand vinyl consumers, I worry it's going to turn a lot of folks who are new to vinyl away quickly.

I would love to hear you expand on this statement a little, as I both agree and disagree, depending on who it is you are actually talking about.

There are labels/companies like 24Hundred and Poison City that seem to put more emphasis on selling $70 hoodies, $60 krew jumpers, beanies and other miscellaneous shit; and when it comes to actual releases skimp on things that people who buy records appreciate like inserts, cool zine style booklets and actually packaging orders in a way that protects them in transit, and focus more making sure they have loads of fancy colour options.

But on the other hand there is a new breed of record collector who are all about getting every variant at all costs, and I think these labels/companies are doing a great job of taking the aforementioned new breed of record collector's money.

I would love to hear you expand on this statement a little, as I both agree and disagree, depending on who it is you are actually talking about.

There are labels/companies like 24Hundred and Poison City that seem to put more emphasis on selling $70 hoodies, $60 krew jumpers, beanies and other miscellaneous shit; and when it comes to actual releases skimp on things that people who buy records appreciate like inserts, cool zine style booklets and actually packaging orders in a way that protects them in transit, and focus more making sure they have loads of fancy colour options.

But on the other hand there is a new breed of record collector who are all about getting every variant at all costs, and I think these labels/companies are doing a great job of taking the aforementioned new breed of record collector's money.

I somewhat agree and disagree.................i think they try and cover everything merch wise including vinyl, and why wouldn't you with some of the bands they have.....they never started out as a small vinyl only kind of label.....i dont think they necessarily skip over cool additions when it comes to pressing the muisc.........they still usually include an insert, have changed most releases to a gatefold jacket (which are as HQ as most out there) and often do some pretty varied bundles........

You are 100% correct on the need to improve actual mailers/mail packaging and i would love to see them stop putting out 5 splatters and a black pressings and maybe put out the best looking Variant x 1 and try and keep albums in print on black 

I somewhat agree and disagree.................i think they try and cover everything merch wise including vinyl, and why wouldn't you with some of the bands they have.....they never started out as a small vinyl only kind of label.....i dont think they necessarily skip over cool additions when it comes to pressing the muisc.........they still usually include an insert, have changed most releases to a gatefold jacket (which are as HQ as most out there) and often do some pretty varied bundles........

You are 100% correct on the need to improve actual mailers/mail packaging and i would love to see them stop putting out 5 splatters and a black pressings and maybe put out the best looking Variant x 1 and try and keep albums in print on black

Yeah, I've never actually purchased anything from 24Hundred as everything they release is pretty much the exact opposite of what I find interesting about music, I was just kinda lumping them and Poison City together in that they're both those newer label/distro/store type companies that are like equal part record label and boutique clothing brand, and always seem to be putting more focus on the sale of jumpers/hoodies/beanies/shoes over actual music releases, but they have also both jumped on the variant colour bandwagon with EXCLUSIVE LTD EDITIONS /100 /200 etc, while not actually understanding how to pack a record properly.

I was just wondering if these were along the lines Tom was getting at when he said "Australian companies generally don't understand vinyl consumers", or if he was referring to something else entirely different.

• 5 years later...