Batman Arkham Thread "I am vengeance... I am the night..."

well.

-the gameplay is really more of the same. the graphics are nice, but maybe i'm just burnt out on the same old stuff. i don't like the fear multi-takedown either.

-there aren't any boss fights. that seriously sucks.

-the batmobile stuff, while fresh, is jammed down your throat all the time. those riddler races are the worst thing ever. and the tank fights are repetitive and take too long when you have like 40 drones coming after you.

-the story is SO PREDICTABLE. end spoiler

jason fucking todd? seriously? i guessed that well before release. as soon as the joker brought it up in the theater it was clearly obvious

-bringing the joker back was entertaining for a while, but its too much.

it really sucks, because i was expecting this to be GOTY for me, and i'm feeling now that i don't even really WANT to get 100%. i probably will though just because i'm bored and want to see the ending. 

All I have left is about 180 Riddler things to find and then I can dive into the Harley Quinn and Red Hood extra stuff.

Might as well get those DLC packs out of the way now to break up the monotony cause they only take about 5 minutes each to beat.  Notice they only have 1 trophy apiece.  The HQ one is cool though playing as her is super fun and the end has something cool in store, but it's very short.

I'm near the end but I lost my motivation to finish

You're missing out, the ending of the main quest is super cool. Heard some people say they hate it, but I really sticks out in my mind.

well...

I can see your stance on some of those.

-I thought the combat was good, it seemed to "improve" with each game, so I thought the multi-fear takedown was kinda cool.

-Just realized that there were no "boss fights"! Didn't even phase me, that is a let down.

-I didn't have the thought of the Batmobile being "forced", I enjoyed it for the most part. Agree on some of those later tank fights. And I absolutely HATE that last Riddler race. Lap three on that dam part sucked.

-I didn't realize who it was until a little before, but that seems to be a disappointment for some fans, the Arkham Knight was supposed to be a "new" character but... yeah.

I just want to know after watching that ending...

Where's the theory that Bruce survives a la The Dark Knight Rises?

;)

Also, the Batgirl DLC is coming out on July 14th.

I beat the game, 200%, but am missing a Batman skin. Anyone know what it is? It's on the second row, second from the left. Should be right after the Anime, WB login exclusive, and before Robin. (Not looking at the screen right now, that's just off the top of my head)

oh god that last riddler race... hahahaha

i actually had better luck going into first-person mode. it made the tight turns a lot easier. i cleared the AR challenge first try by doing that.

Didn't think about that, but I don't really like the first person driving in this. There's a complaint! But yeah I actually had to watch a YouTube video for that. I feel like an idiot now because I over-thought it BIG time!

I don't know if it's the same one you're missing, but attendees of the Sony E3 Theater Experience are getting an exclusive skin at some point. I don't recall them saying what it would be but the codes are supposed to be sent out in the next couple of weeks.

EDIT- I believe it's the Earth 2 skin. You have that one?

I finished the game earlier this evening. I think I'm at about 80.1% completion.

well.

-the gameplay is really more of the same. the graphics are nice, but maybe i'm just burnt out on the same old stuff. i don't like the fear multi-takedown either.

-there aren't any boss fights. that seriously sucks.

-the batmobile stuff, while fresh, is jammed down your throat all the time. those riddler races are the worst thing ever. and the tank fights are repetitive and take too long when you have like 40 drones coming after you.

-the story is SO PREDICTABLE. end spoiler

jason fucking todd? seriously? i guessed that well before release. as soon as the joker brought it up in the theater it was clearly obvious

-bringing the joker back was entertaining for a while, but its too much.

I agree with just about all of this.

From the very beginning I thought the batmobile was going to be overused. I didn't mind the drone battles, and even some of The Riddler races were fun. I feel like it doesn't handle like a machine of that size would, it felt like it didn't have any weight to it. And using it for the puzzles... meh.

No boss battles and (maybe I'm missing something, but with so much of The Scarecrow as the main story line) no Scarecrow nightmare missions? Those were some of my favorite parts of the previous games.

The Arkham Knight reveal:

With all of The Joker/Robin story being played out on screen, I was expecting it pretty early. Especially when Hush showed up. I didn't care for the explanation of how Jason Todd was still alive. Prior to all of that, having downloaded the "Red Hood DLC" had me thinking, "when is he going to show up?" All in all, I liked all of the Robin story throughout this one.

The Joker stuff started to wear thin towards the end, but then, the final act, that was great!

It was fun to play through, but a little underwhelming.

I don't know if it's the same one you're missing, but attendees of the Sony E3 Theater Experience are getting an exclusive skin at some point. I don't recall them saying what it would be but the codes are supposed to be sent out in the next couple of weeks.

EDIT- I believe it's the Earth 2 skin. You have that one?

I hate how Sony gets exclusives for this series... but can't wait until I can use the 1960 Batman and Batmobile skins!!!

I don't have Earth 2. So top left to right and same to the next rows for me are: V7.43, V8.03, V8.04, New 52, Flashpoint, Anime, LOCKED, Robin, New 52 Robin, Catwoman, Nightwing, New 52 Nightwing. It should show more though, as I don't have the 1st Appearance one either.

Finally got the chance to start it tonight. I'm really enjoying it. I could see all of the batmobile stuff being tedious eventually, but so far it's still fun.

60s TV show batmobile skin is awesome.

I really wish it could just look like the 60s TV batmobile, or the 1989 Tim Burton one, since those are the best batmobiles.

60s TV show batmobile skin is awesome.

I really wish it could just look like the 60s TV batmobile, or the 1989 Tim Burton one, since those are the best batmobiles.

I can't wait until these come out on the One! I was bummed with Origins how they got the Adam West skin, but was happy they included that in Knight (even though I still have to wait since it's a PS exclusive)

Finally beat the main story and have done everything except get all Riddler trophies, which is what I'll start on next.  I really, really enjoyed it  Like someone else said, I also didn't even realize there weren't any "boss battles."  I didn't mind though.

I actually enjoyed all the "Batmobile battles," EXCEPT the fucking Cobra Tank missions.  Fuck that shit.  So frustrating and annoying.  Really satisfying when I beat them though.  I kind of wish some more villains were around though.  I would've loved to see Bane again or Killer Croc.

I LOVED all of the Joker stuff.  Never got tired of it one bit.  I got excited every time he popped up because I couldn't wait to hear what he had to say.  And that whole ending part was so damn cool.  Kinda made me sad that I didn't even realize I could've used the "Joker Batmobile" while I was under his influence.  Now I can't :(.

And finally, as far as the Arkham Knight's identity: I honestly didn't expect it to be Jason Todd.  I figured since we got the Red Hood DLC, he would've just shown up in that and we were to already assume he was back and Batman was aware.  My theory at first was that the Knight was Damien Wayne coming to take revenge on Batman for letting Talia die.  Hell, I even thought the Knight could have been Talia at one point.  I thought it was kind of cool that it was Jason though.

Also, Professor Pyg for the fucking win.  That guy was creepy as fuck.  The voice acting was so good for him (along with everyone else).