PO: The Libertines - “Anthems For Doomed Youth”

"Dearest one and all, the day has finally arrived, to announce the unveiling of the new Libertines record - “Anthems For Doomed Youth”. We do so with the utmost pride and jubilation. She (the record) will be available on the 4th of September. We would encourage you to pre-order downloads, live on iTunes, in the spirit of our times. There will of course be special limited edition box sets and vinyl available for the more discerning from 9AM IN THE MORNING via www.thelibertines.com, with many an extra Arcadian flourish. Don’t miss ‘em!"

17b8e965.jpg

Standard vinyl version and deluxe boxset which includes:

Deluxe Album
12” Vinyl Album
Demo CD (6 songs)
Exclusive film by Roger Sargent
Signed art print
Artwork for each song

figured I needed to sign up to VC to get this news out there as I'm super excited about the first Libs album in 11 years.... the deluxe ain't cheap and no word on quantities but who doesn't love a signed art print (especially if Pete signs it in his blood)

I like the song. My only complaint is that it's a bit over-produced as far as The Libertines' sound goes.

Completely agree - the melodies and songwriting are on point, but I was definitely missing the raw production of their earlier work. I might have preferred this song live - still hard to hate on the tune itself, it's super catchy

• 2 months later...