How many of your top ten albums are by women?

For those that don't have a top ten - have you ever tried to get a top ten list together? Obviously it's not set in stone but my list has looked about the same for a good number of years now.

A top 10 albums list doesn't seem worth making to me, as 4-5 of those slots are held by Sabbath. So really I'm making a top "sabbath + 5" at that point which is too hard.

I did a Top 100 a while back and that was already tough (and it changes every few months, especially this year with all these great albums coming out). I also made an unranked Top 10 just for the hell for it that is pretty much final.

• The Beatles - The White Album
  • Coldplay - Parachutes
  • The Doors - S/T
  • Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
  • Kanye West - MBDTF
  • Michael Jackson - Thriller
  • Nick Drake - Pink Moon
  • The Smiths - Meat Is Murder
  • The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
  • The Smiths - Louder Than Bombs

I would've included The Smiths' debut but the Troy Tate Sessions and Hatful of Hollow has better versions of some songs, so eh.

If I had to do a Female Top 10, I guess it'd be:

• Adele - 21
  • Beyoncé - S/T
  • Björk - Post
  • Björk - Vespertine
  • Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca
  • Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
  • Jefferson Airplane - Crown of Creation
  • Joanna Newsom - Ys
  • St. Vincent - S/T
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever to Tell

But when the albums were recorded she identified herself as a man.

She didn't become who she was the moment she told everyone her chosen name.  She transitioned because she was that person, not to become that person. 

The proper pronoun to use in the past is the one you use now, unless she has told you otherwise.

She didn't become who she was the moment she told everyone her chosen name. She transitioned because she was that person, not to become that person.

The proper pronoun to use in the past is the one you use now, unless she has told you otherwise.

Dead on. The comment your response is to is idiotic.

Nope! I can kind of take or leave Vol. 4 to be honest and Sabotage I have to be in the right mood for. Possible very unpopular opinion.

Oh I figured you meant the first five - did you include Heaven and Hell as well?

Sabotage is probably my favourite. Vol 4 is strong but wouldn't make top ten for me.

Oh I figured you meant the first five - did you include Heaven and Hell as well?

Sabotage is probably my favourite. Vol 4 is strong but wouldn't make top ten for me.

For me I did s/t, paranoid, master of reality and sabbath, bloody sabbath best. 4-5 because sabotage sometimes makes the cut :)