Alleged Sexual Assaulters and Scumbags

So don't tell the cops, and only your friends/people you don't even know.

Sounds about right.

If you have a fucking voice, use it.

Because cops have a great record with dealing with sexual assault victims and cases. I would never fault anyone for not feeling comfortable going to to the police for anything.

Because cops have a great record with dealing with sexual assault victims and cases. I would never fault anyone for not feeling comfortable going to to the police for anything.

So vent to the Internet and have it 100% slip by?

My girlfriend was assaulted at 17. The one who made the assault was caught 3 hours later. She didn't even know his name.

I would 100% fault anyone for not going to the authorities OR an authority figure. If they don't report it, then it's all heresy and THEIR fault if that said individual acts again because they didn't do their part in reporting it thus preventing another attack.

NO. Being attacked wasnt their fault. Not reporting it is. Live in perpetual shame/Relive what happened for X years and make an anon blog on the internet and did NOTHING or Relive it for X years and make an actual fucking attempt to do something positive sooner than later, knowing you did SOMETHING and have some fucking pride.

One way or another you have to deal with it. LIVE FOR YOU. LIVE FOR JUSTICE. IF YOU DO NOTHING. YOU WILL GET NOTHING.

There are many reasons someone who was sexually assaulted wouldn't immediately go to the police.  A friend of mine who was assaulted went to the police and they didn't believe her and told her not to hang out with guys late at night.  They then told her that she could get a restraining order on him IF she moved off campus because they can't force him to move.

My girlfriend was assaulted at 17. The one who made the assault was caught 3 hours later. She didn't even know his name.

I would 100% fault anyone for not going to the authorities OR an authority figure. If they don't report it, then it's all heresy and THEIR fault if that said individual acts again because they didn't do their part in reporting it thus preventing another attack.

NO. Being attacked wasnt their fault. Not reporting it is. Live in perpetual shame/Relive what happened for X years and make an anon blog on the internet and did NOTHING or Relive it for X years and make an actual fucking attempt to do something positive sooner than later, knowing you did SOMETHING and have some fucking pride.

One way or another you have to deal with it. LIVE FOR YOU. LIVE FOR JUSTICE. IF YOU DO NOTHING. YOU WILL GET NOTHING.

I'm not meaning to speak for you and pretend like I know you, but unless you have been assaulted and gone through what you are speaking of, I don't feel like it is your place (or anyone else's) to say what they should or shouldn't do. I apologize for assuming.

just now getting around to this thread, I remember earlier this year seeing a huge post over at b9board.com about the FPS dude.

also a member from senses Fail posting on twitter about all of this. 

“I love how the response by shit head men to us speaking about the patriarch and rape culture is “People still listen to Senses Fail?” Who gives a shot how popular we are if what we are saying has substance This music scene rewards people who condone bullshit and punishes those who give a shit because it’s made up of apathetic children Soooo tired of hearing Senses Fail give a shit why can’t I just be an entitled white man without consequences Remember the good ol days when you could say faggot, cunt, bitch, whore, pussy without some washed up emo band caring”

“Also I love that people think us talking about issues is to gain more fans. I can guarantee you we lose fans every time I open my mouth. It’s not popular to give a shit about racism, homophobia or sexism. People would rather me shit the fuck up. Just play your old shit and shut up. You were better before you came out, now all you talk about is being queer and people’s rights”

“This music scene is literally filled with dudes in bands who are trying to have sexual relationships with underage girls. It’s fucking crazy People in newer and younger bands are extremely uneducated as to proper behavior. We are in serious need of people in the community To speak up and set examples on how to conduct yourself online, at shows and in private because apparently there are a lot of men Who aren’t getting the message, don’t care and don’t think their actions are causing irreversible harm Silence on this is not an option on this matter because it is so fucking wide spread.

If you are in a band and you have younger female fans You need to speak about these types of things for the safety of the people that are keeping you on the road and putting money in your pocket This is not the way it used to be but it is unfortunately the way it is now and it’s sobering to see how just about anyone is capable Forceful, bullying and sexually aggressive behavior. What’s the point of being in a band if you stand for nothing?

Also it’s up to the other members and men who make up the crowd to make sure that that shit isn’t ok, and is called out. We can’t just expect bands and other people in the music scene to care. It really has to come from the people who make up the scene as well Also, I’m not preaching, I’m stating facts. Preaching is a creative, alluring retelling of mythic image. This is unfortunately real life and not based on ones own interpretation of gospel. It’s unavoidable in our current music scene.

This isn’t directed at anyone specifically just the overall climate in which this keeps appearing. The music business is run by older men. The change is not going to come from them and we have to stop asking them to change it. Hold them accountable but don’t look for them to change. Change it with your voices and your wallet. It’s the only way in this country. I tried to speak about this on stage today and people walked away. That’s the issue, there are people who literally don’t care.”

love the last part, change it with your voices and your wallet. 

That dude was always so fucking annoying with his Facebook posts.

his posts would always make me rage. I remember a few years ago I ordered 8 tapes from him and 7 of the cases arrived cracked. I wrote him and he said something like 'sorry my incompetent girlfriend packed that order'. WHAT??? He's always been unprofessional as fuck and has done nothing but alienate and drive people away.

We better start incarcerating survivors that don't speak up while we're at it. That way the only people left to be raped will be those that have the guts to tell someone about it.

We better start incarcerating survivors that don't speak up while we're at it. That way the only people left to be raped will be those that have the guts to tell someone about it.

AND start discounting the years of research on ptsd for rape victims and realize that its all bullshit and that there are some scaredy cats that just need to get the courage and say something. Man, people are right, Satan is an asshole.

Many people, especially sex workers are assaulted by police officers. Then who do you go to?

I'm not meaning to speak for you and pretend like I know you, but unless you have been assaulted and gone through what you are speaking of, I don't feel like it is your place (or anyone else's) to say what they should or shouldn't do. I apologize for assuming.

Yep

Most sexual assault/abuse happens with someone the victim knows. That makes it a lot harder to go to the police for a myriad of reasons.

Also trauma does a lot to a person and dealing with the police in any capacity can be terrifying.

and yep

Not sexual assault related but here's another scumbag. Faked having cancer to get thousands of dollars. As someone who just lost my mother last year due to Cancer, I can't think of anything that makes my blood boil more than this.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/09/10/pennsylvania-hardcore-frontwoman-makes-thousands-pretending-cancer/

Didn't mean for that post to piss anyone off. You may have had experiences, I apologize for that if it came off as rude.

That's just my stance. I sit in with the women and men during Take Back the Night. I have come to my opinion due to many factors. And I will not apologize for that.

But I'm a firm believer, that if you don't do anything than nobody will. Don't give up and don't stop trying.

Stop looking at things one sided, please. I 100% get what you're trying to say and believe me I do understand your point. Please respect mine. I'm talking about the victim taking direct action against their attacker.

WTF is going on over at Driftwood.... https://www.facebook.com/DriftwoodRecords

There is a lot of public shaming going on and it just doesn't seem right... Also, a lot of those annoying facebook posts were from a female, not sure which one, but it was clear that she had some psychological issues, and enjoyed pissing people off.  My boyfriend made a complaint one time about what was being said, and Dandy apologized to him and said he would speak to the person making the terrible posts. I'm not defending or apologizing for Dandy or anyone as I have no idea who these people are or how they conduct themselves other than what they say online. Just wanted to be clear about my personal experience with Driftwood. The whole thing seems like a big shit fest though. 

Abuse in any form is a really serious accusation and should be treated as such. I do feel really sorry for these victims and I think they are brave for coming out about the whole situation, but there is also a part of me that can't help but think that some of these people should be responsible for their own actions because they never said no or stop. Some of these victims say they didn't say no and went along with it because they felt obligated or some shit. We all know that no means no, and once that is obvious, then yes.....you are overstepping a boundary there. By not telling someone no and going along with something you are uncomfortable with is poor judgement, and you shouldn't ruin someone else's life because you made a poor decision. People cannot read minds. You should always be clear about your intent. 

I do think that all of this coming to light is teaching a lot of people how to handle a situation like this. Ask questions to someone you are about to engage sexually with. Make sure that it is ok between both parties, and if it isn't then don't fucking do it. If you like someone, you don't have to be sexually involved with them right away. If something terrible does happen, then you should speak to someone about it immediately. It could be a friend, a relative or the police, but please fucking tell someone right away so that there is evidence and a witness. If you are in a situation that makes you uncomfortable you should speak up and say something. Say no, say stop, say anything and fight for yourself.  Some of these people are really young, and I understand they feel uncomfortable and confused, but we should look at all that has happened and learn from it. People should speak up, be vocal and make your voice heard, but the public shaming of people that aren't directly involved is just ridiculous, and makes the person doing the shaming look terrible.

WTF is going on over at Driftwood.... https://www.facebook.com/DriftwoodRecords

There is a lot of public shaming going on and it just doesn't seem right... Also, a lot of those annoying facebook posts were from a female, not sure which one, but it was clear that she had some psychological issues, and enjoyed pissing people off. My boyfriend made a complaint one time about what was being said, and Dandy apologized to him and said he would speak to the person making the terrible posts. I'm not defending or apologizing for Dandy or anyone as I have no idea who these people are or how they conduct themselves other than what they say online. Just wanted to be clear about my personal experience with Driftwood. The whole thing seems like a big shit fest though.

Abuse in any form is a really serious accusation and should be treated as such. I do feel really sorry for these victims and I think they are brave for coming out about the whole situation, but there is also a part of me that can't help but think that some of these people should be responsible for their own actions because they never said no or stop. Some of these victims say they didn't say no and went along with it because they felt obligated or some shit. We all know that no means no, and once that is obvious, then yes.....you are overstepping a boundary there. By not telling someone no and going along with something you are uncomfortable with is poor judgement, and you shouldn't ruin someone else's life because you made a poor decision. People cannot read minds. You should always be clear about your intent.

I do think that all of this coming to light is teaching a lot of people how to handle a situation like this. Ask questions to someone you are about to engage sexually with. Make sure that it is ok between both parties, and if it isn't then don't fucking do it. If you like someone, you don't have to be sexually involved with them right away. If something terrible does happen, then you should speak to someone about it immediately. It could be a friend, a relative or the police, but please fucking tell someone right away so that there is evidence and a witness. If you are in a situation that makes you uncomfortable you should speak up and say something. Say no, say stop, say anything and fight for yourself. Some of these people are really young, and I understand they feel uncomfortable and confused, but we should look at all that has happened and learn from it. People should speak up, be vocal and make your voice heard, but the public shaming of people that aren't directly involved is just ridiculous, and makes the person doing the shaming look terrible.

Yeah, it's pretty fucked. I made a lengthy post on one of the videos she posted.

• 2 years later...
On 9/9/2015 at 8:25 PM, Satan said:

If you would fault a sexual assault victim for anything, you are a raging piece of shit.