PO: Iris - Haunt Me (Middleman Records) 10" EP (FFO: Whirr, MBV etc.)

a0642371501_10.jpg

1. Fix Me
2. Ragdoll
3. Numb
4. Downfall
5. This Isn't Goodbye...

Toronto area shoegaze/emo band IRIS has their new 10" EP "HAUNT ME" up for pre-order via their StoreEnvy (CAN). It is also being released under Middleman Records (USA). Order from Middleman for a chance to win a test press! Features a re-recording of the awesome track "Downfall" from their debut EP.

Two different cover variations!

White w/ pink ink, pink vinyl /200
Pink w/ white ink, black vinyl /100

LISTEN: http://iriss.bandcamp.com/
ORDER (CAN): http://goo.gl/LKCa4l
ORDER (USA): http://goo.gl/ZBSW4i

• 3 weeks later...

I posted on their FB last week about Blossom getting the wax treatment, they said they would do another cassette run (like 10 or 25 for the first two). Commented I picked up both flavors and someone commented 'more flavors'

So then I see , as stated above, instead of /100 and /200 now /300 of 4 variants.  I wanted to change my Black vinyl/White Jacket to Black vinyl/Pink Jacket so I emailed Middle-man and Shawn replied quickly, saying no problem with the change - and they would be shipping next week.

Got shipping notification last night.

I don't think I'm going to get all 4 variants and I really just wanted one, but couldn't make up my mind -- so there's a spare that will make a nice gift or something in the future. 

Also bugged him about pressing Blossom if the copyrights and all that stuff (and band agreeable) weren't too much hassle. But I still want a homemade cassette, too. :)

Another case of people who's taste match with mine very well is causing me to order something blindly!  Damn it, haha!

Edit : I might listen to a few songs.  The emo tag being thrown in there makes me a little more cautious.

It's goooooood. I'm trying not to order it right now but it's hard.

It's goooooood. I'm trying not to order it right now but it's hard.

I'm going to give it a listen tomorrow and if I dig it, I'll order it.  I rarely like what people describe as emo these days, so I'm rather weary when a new band has that word attached to them.  But you, Juan and Don all backing it eases my doubts quite a bit.

I'm going to give it a listen tomorrow and if I dig it, I'll order it.  I rarely like what people describe as emo these days, so I'm rather weary when a new band has that word attached to them.  But you, Juan and Don all backing it eases my doubts quite a bit.

It doesn't feel like an emo release to me.

Jon, there's no "emo" - if you like Whirl's Distressor EP, - you will like this, esp the femme vocals. 

Now, there are a few bands that would get the emo tag (at least one or more of their releases) you should give a listen --that I found through postrock threads on ATPR like Appleseed Cast via LLO 1&2, Athletics, Moving  Mountains, and Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson.  The latter is the most emo that for some reason really resonates with me.  They have classical instruments and unpolished vocals.... and they've been quiet for way too long. Their S/T Double CD is 8 perfect tracks (6 to 8 minutes each), and there are only a handful of albums that I like every single minute on them.  Probably some  subconscious thing back during  my school days or something. But hey, if emo can't bring up nostalgia, nothing can ;)

I personally wouldn't consider them "emo" either. Just pulled that from their self described bio on Bandcamp. Nonetheless, amazing band/great release.

Yeah, I really dig it (and plan on ordering today).  "emo" makes no sense to me after listening to it, it's an odd way for them to describe themselves.