PO NOW: Defeater - Abandoned (Out in August 28th)

Shoot. Just as I started collecting the whole surgery thing with Derek was happening. I contributed a bit and was thinking about getting the Soundsupply bundle and now I'm suppler regretting not getting it. Band's good all around.

Just catch them at a show. I got every piece of Defeater vinyl (minus the Dear Father and TIHC 7"s) and Alcoa's Parlour Tricks and Drowned 7" for $60. That's 3 single LPs, a 2xLP, 2 7"s, and a 2x7".

i wish there was more of a discussion in that thread. The comments underneath are pretty useless and the original post wasn't that easy to follow because there were a lot of contradicting statements

I feel like there was another thread that was more organized/less hostile but I can't find it now. Go forth, and bump said there with your corrections!

I feel like there was another thread that was more organized/less hostile but I can't find it now. Go forth, and bump said there with your corrections!

I wish I had some because that was really confusing. Unfortunately, I pay a lot less attention to lyrics than most people. I normally wait for certain lyrics to stand out to me in a song and then I maybe look them up out of curiosity. English was never my subject, but I want to know this story because this band is one of a kind!

Was surprised it's not Bridge9 as well.

Also any idea on the pressing?

Defeater posted on social media earlier this year about joining Epitaph.

I was very caught off guard by that announcement. It makes sense, and I'd love to see some ETID/letlive./Defeater tour dates so I can lose my mind for an entire night. That said, I still was surprised that they left B9.

I wish I had some because that was really confusing. Unfortunately, I pay a lot less attention to lyrics than most people. I normally wait for certain lyrics to stand out to me in a song and then I maybe look them up out of curiosity. English was never my subject, but I want to know this story because this band is one of a kind!

That's kind of Defeater's deal. They're a damn good band who pushes a continuous concept. Their lyrics make up 50% of their act.

is every pressing from epitaph that bad??? I held out on BMTH and FIR records because of the things I heard but no way I can go without Defeater especially with that album art

Yeah they're pretty terrible. Usually super thin with a metric shit ton of surface noise. Sometimes you'll get a decent record but it's not really common.

is every pressing from epitaph that bad??? I held out on BMTH and FIR records because of the things I heard but no way I can go without Defeater especially with that album art

you should held out on bmth and fir, because they are bmth and fir not because of  bad pressings...