60% off all daytrotter vinyl 1 day only.

UPDATE: So my package from Wolfgang's Vault came today (I picked up the Braid/Jealous Sound, Say Anything/Matt Pryor and Cursive/Fake Problems splits), and I was so goddamn peeved that they sent my records Media Mail. Like, if you're charging me $9.50 for three records, you better be shipping them Priority Mail (or fucking UPS Ground, even). So I called them out on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/scottheisel/status/621436538233163776

Literally an hour later, the following email shows up in my inbox:

Hi Scott,

Thought I'd contact you directly since it's hard to fit this email in 140 characters. 

I apologize for the high shipping cost. It's a flat rate for all our orders - so, regardless of if you order 1 vinyl or 100, you will always pay the same price. 

We're working on implementing dynamic shipping, but we're not there quite yet. In the meantime, I'll refund you $5 to your credit card to help out with the shipping. 

Thanks for the order. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Grant

So my advice to anyone who ordered these in spite of the crazy shipping hit them up and politely, but firmly ask for a partial refund on shipping too (unless you ordered, like, 15 records).

Also, I don't think Wolfgang's Vault is run by the same people who run Daytrotter, so any anger at the shipping costs shouldn't be directed at Daytrotter. (The outrageous prices for these records when they're not on sale, however—that's totally Daytrotter's doing.)

• 1 month later...