1995 MAD SEASON: Live At The Moore Theater & Seattle Symphony Sonic Evolution LP

Juan. Do you feel that CC held back a little? I was really underwhelmed with the whole show. IMO the best stuff was the TotD stuff and I'm a big fan of PJ AiC SG ect

Now that mention it, yeah it felt like he was holding back on the Mad Season songs. Almost as if trying to stay within Layne's vocal range and not go his usual wails he does w/ SG. I understand that though. He does go out a bit halfway through 'I Don't Know Anything" though almost putting that Cornell stamp on the vocals. 

It does make me wonder though who else they could've gotten to handle the vocals. I don't think Duvall would've been a good choice even though he's in AiC nowadays. It feels as though this show was more oriented to be a tribute to Staley and Saunders and they had musicians more directly connected to MS and the Seattle scene that they were and are all friends with. 

And personally, I feel that it's beyond awesome that Duff McKagan was involved. I've always been a big fan of his playing (I play the bass guitar) and he's greatly underrated as a musician as of course being overshadowed by the whole GN'R thing. 

Just received my copy of Live at the Moore in the mail today and couldn't be happier. The vinyl sound great, the jacket is made from nice heavy card stock and the pictures included are awesome (even the fan hanging from the balcony was included!). This is one of my favorite live albums ever recorded at one of my favorite venues so needless to say I had pretty high expectations. Hoping the Symphony release quality will be just as good. 

Also, I don't think Cornell was holding back during the Symphony show, he was just being careful. He talked about the performance a little here - http://www.alternativenation.net/chris-cornell-talks-mad-season-reunion/

LP version of the Seattle Symphany showed up at the warehouse today. Too busy to check any of them...but one pallet had fallen apart apparently in transit....bummers.

Hopefully these start shipping out soonish

I ordered one of these, but the more and more I listen to the show digitally, the more and more I find myself skipping ahead to the syphonyless TotD stuff.    The sound of this album is great, the mix and the levels ect, but I feel the symphony is so over powering sometimes that it just makes it feel like a gimmicky mess.   

The Live at the Moore is a great album and is very enjoyable.  I am glad they finally released this.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely NOT in the normal distribution (currently counting these in an checking for damages).

From what we've seen there's higher demand for these than were pressed (not certain on pressing numbers) but all 1,000 of ours are completely allocated out already.

The packaging is nice heavy stock gatefold jackets. Pressed in the Check Republic through A to Z media as the broker. They've got shrink so no clue on sound quality of the pressing. But the packaging on it is solid

Do you know what the street date will be? Thanks for all the info!

Do we know if the splatter version is 10c exclusive or is there a chance it will be in the normal distribution?

Doesn't sound like it, although Ten Club will never tell one way or the other.  These will probably go for big bucks for awhile. 

I might have to do some digging for trades...