Bernie 2016

Full Discosure: I mainly made this thread to hustle a shirt design a friend and I are selling because I couldn't really find an appropriate thread to post it in.

However, I'd also like to share with those who might not know much about Bernie how great he is, and why you should support him over Clinton if you lean further left than to the middle if anyone is interested in such a discussion. I was surprised after doing a search that there hasn't been much talk of him on here.

http://www.iwanttoberlieve2016.com

v600_iwanttoberlievecolormock.jpg

They will throw SOOOOOO much money at keeping him out of office. I'm not sure he has a snowballs chance in hell in a general election. He is pretty pro-gun, so maybe we can get some of that good NRA money. 

The time does seem right for a super populist candidate though, so who knows. Also, they've been saying "Feel The Bern", so you ought to print some of them up to. 

They will throw SOOOOOO much money at keeping him out of office. I'm not sure he has a snowballs chance in hell in a general election. He is pretty pro-gun, so maybe we can get some of that good NRA money.

The time does seem right for a super populist candidate though, so who knows. Also, they've been saying "Feel The Bern", so you ought to print some of them up to.

Is he? I thought I read that he wanted to make semi auto guns illegal.

That was the only thing I disagreed with him on, but I liked that he was willing to work toward a solution.

Its amazing how many people agree with him yet somehow he will never win.

That's exactly why I feel compelled to really stand behind a candidate for the first time in my life at 27. He genuinely has policies that are aimed at leveling the playing field between corporations and the rest of the country with and extensive record that shows he stands behind his principles. I think the more people discuss 'fringe' candidates and really embrace them, the better chance we stand in the future of eventually electing non-corporate politicians to high ranking positions. Even people who align strongly with Bernie will write him off because they don't think he stands a chance against Hillary but what's the harm supporting him now (aside from making Clinton look like a shill, comparatively)? I also think a strong show of support for Bernie will influence the Democrats to pursue a more progressive agenda.

Is he? I thought I read that he wanted to make semi auto guns illegal.

That was the only thing I disagreed with him on, but I liked that he was willing to work toward a solution.

He has actually been a little cagey about his position lately. Guns are a funny issue in VT. Generally we are known as a liberal state but there is a lot of gun ownership and very little gun violence so a lot of political people here just don't really fuck with the gun thing.

Bernie is a dude who seems to legitimately care and listen to his constituency. He is about as approachable as they come, you see him here talking with people a lot. Whether you agree with him or not you have to respect his integrity.

The local alt-weekly here is called Seven Days and is at sevendaysvt.com. They have a good amount of Bernie coverage if you are interested.

why do people living in suburbia need guns? I will never understand America's fanaticism with them, and everyone's belief that they need a hand gun for self defense.

Suburbia is a huge target for criminals and thieves.

My parents were almost robbed. They heard something in the living room and there were two guys breaking in through a window. He got a good shot on one with his shotgun but they got away. Found them when they went to the hospital like idiots.

I do want one in the house for that reason but it will be locked in a safe. My fiancée and I are looking to take training classes too

why do people living in suburbia need guns? I will never understand America's fanaticism with them, and everyone's belief that they need a hand gun for self defense.

I don't live in suburbia and people get shot and mugged in my area often. Usually it's gang related, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I don't want to derail this with a gun debate though, so that's all I'll say on it.

I believe in strict STRICT gun control laws

But also guns are dope as fuck. Target shooting is so much fun. I hate guns, but bolt action rifles give me a boner.