Bernie 2016

5 minutes ago, futures said:

I hope the 3rd party doesn't split the dem vote =\

bernie won't run against Crooked Hillary as an independent. although he should. it'd be refreshing to see an emergence of new parties and platforms that actually have a chance at winning. and to see a greater pool of contenders on the final presidential ballot. this two party establishment bullshit has most people so jaded that 42.5% of the population didn't even vote in the last presidential election.

22 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

If they want to move to 3 party system they need yo remove the electoral college system to winning the presidency, or at least modify it.  If no one gets 270 congress chooses the next president, regardless of popular vote, which is why bernie will not run as a 3rd candidate.

yeah, i'm for all kinds of change. can't believe they still count people's hands during caucus.

just doing a quick test, this is what a potential Bernie run could do, Grey are states he won that will most likely go Blue in the general election that he could steal away.  He's not winning wyoming, idaho or Utah, or any central plains states (Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Iowa) as those will go Red.  So his chances remain in the far north east and great lakes... which is enough to send the election to the congress, and then they can decide as they wish (considering if Bernie runs as a 3rd, I would not be shocked to see a 4th GOP candidate that Congress would then appoint as president regardless if they won any state to prevent Trump from being elected).

http://www.270towin.com/maps/qj94m

8 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

thats all based on general history of States... I dont think Trump will win Virginia, and I wouldnt be shocked if another southern state flipped, North Carolina possibly?

i could see TRUMP getting a state like nevada as well. he had 34,531 votes in the nevada primary compared to Crooked Hillary's 6,316 and bernie's 5,678.

those are caucus votes, though, Obama won in 2012 with 531,000 votes over Mittens, and with such a large Latino population, I cannot imagine trump wins that state (or any State with large Latino population (here comes yer FAV SITE!!!!)

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2012/11/07/latino-voters-in-the-2012-election/

4 hours ago, kgry said:

I think if Bernie wins, Trump will win the overall election. He has too much momentum. If Clinton wins, it'll be a race. She doesn't have the women's vote locked down.

What's it like to ignore pretty much all the data on the thing you're talking about.

All polls show Bernie destroying Trump in a general election and it being very close if it's Hilary.

34 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

those are caucus votes, though, Obama won in 2012 with 531,000 votes over Mittens, and with such a large Latino population, I cannot imagine trump wins that state (or any State with large Latino population (here comes yer FAV SITE!!!!)

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2012/11/07/latino-voters-in-the-2012-election/

haha. maybe TRUMP can prove to them that well paying jobs are better than welfare.

from my FAV SITE:

"For Hispanic voters, according to the national exit poll, 60% identified the economy as the most important issue..."

"Another gap was evident among Latino voters when viewed by income. Among Latino voters whose total family income is below $50,000, 82% voted for Obama while 17% voted for Romney. Among Latino voters with family incomes of $50,000 or more, 59% voted for Obama while 39% voted for Romney."

lastly, WE HAVE THE BEST LATINOS!

5 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I don't think anyone thinks welfare is better than a well paying job. 

there are loads of people who prefer receiving welfare and staying home all day with their families, as opposed to commuting back-and-forth and clocking in 40hrs/week at a job they detest for only a marginally higher payout.

edit: forgot we were talking about a well paying job. nevermind, i agree.

Edited by WAXXX

3 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

The problem is there aren't any available to the majority of people in this country.

this is sadly true. and won't get any better with bad trade deals, cheap visa labor, a steady influx of illegal immigrants, and crooked global governments allowing mega corps to outsource what is basically slave labor.

• 2 months later...

Getting all paranoid, conspiracy theorist here (which is not me), BUT....

Getting/controlling the vote of the younger crowd has always been difficult (well, for your average politician anyway).  Bernie here shows up, says some magical stuff and wins the hearts of the younger population and other difficult demographics.  The only thing is, Bernie isn't good for the political game as it stands.  Those that the game usually benefits will not benefit if he actually wins, so he was never going to win.

Bernie gathered up a large portion of unpredictable, difficult to control voters, and then disenfranchised them.  The vast majority of these people will no longer vote.  I'm thinking that Hillary has it in the bag now, not because Bernie's endorsement means that his followers will vote for her (a few will, blindly), but because now they won't vote at all.  His own party played him in order to sweep away the undesirables.

Or I'm full of shit.

there's still hope to end the massive corruption and lobby dominated politics in DC. vote donald trump, the only other winning candidate not directly in the pockets of special interest groups (financial services, pharmaceuticals, oil/gas, healthcare, etc.). he has self-financed $40-50 million of his own campaign, only 3% of campaign money has come from super PACs, and 20% of donations have been $200 or less (from the american people like bernie). even if you don't vote trump, then vote for city, state, and federal politicians that don't sell out to the highest bidder.

5 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

there's still hope to end the massive corruption and lobby dominated politics in DC. vote donald trump, the only other winning candidate not directly in the pockets of special interest groups (financial services, pharmaceuticals, oil/gas, healthcare, etc.). he has self-financed $40-50 million of his own campaign, only 3% of campaign money has come from super PACs, and 20% of donations have been $200 or less (from the american people like bernie). even if you don't vote trump, then vote for city, state, and federal politicians that don't sell out to the highest bidder.

Trump is no less corrupt than Hillary, Big Business controls politics, and Trump is a part of Big Business.  If he's not manipulated by, he is the manipulator.

1 minute ago, daegor said:

Trump is no less corrupt than Hillary

this is unequivocally false. hillary and bill clinton have a $2 billion foundation that exists solely to collect bribe money for political favors. the clinton foundation not only accepts large donations and speaking fees from mega corps in USA, but from international mega corps and foreign governments as well. nothing places the american people at greater risk than elected officials who sell out to highest bidder, spread violence across the world for money, and make things worse for the citizens of their country.

3 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

this is unequivocally false. hillary and bill clinton have a $2 billion foundation that exists solely to collect bribe money for political favors. the clinton foundation not only accepts large donations and speaking fees from mega corps in USA, but from international mega corps and foreign governments as well. nothing places the american people at greater risk than elected officials who sell out to highest bidder, spread violence across the world for money, and make things worse for the citizens of their country.

Clinton is very corrupt, yes.

• 4 weeks later...