Bernie 2016

I love that at the GOP debate all of the shit talking was towards Barack and Hillary.  it's gonna get hot and bernie is coming!!!!!!

The dude is real.  They don't like that.  Neither does mainstream media.

The media does not want to talk about him on TV.  It is up to us, the younger generation, to get his word out.  Those without access to social media, or choose not to browse the interwebs, claim they haven't heard of him.  I keep hearing about this from the 60 and older crowd.  

When a pro-Clinton super pac started sending out e-mails smearing him the other day, over $1 mil was donated in 48 hrs through a "blue" website that accepts donations for Democratic candidates.  ActBlue has existed since '04.  It easily set a record.

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/09/17/supporters-respond-pro-clinton-super-pac-smears-donating-1-2-million-bernie-sanders.html

More fuel for the Bern pile   :D

That GOP debate was ridiculous. I watched a full 10 minutes of Donald Trump and Carly Fiorina having a pissing contest. Mike Huckabee suggests tax only on consumption, because that is totally going to help expand the middle class. Chris Christie is going to waste federal money raiding states who passed legalization of marijuana. Carly Fiorina uses her dead son to say that marijuana is harmful. Rand Paul actually made good points about marijuana and prisons. Pretty sure Donald Trump, yes Donald Trump (and maybe Jeb Bush) were the only ones to speak up on raising taxes for capital gains. My favorite part is the part about climate change. Where pretty much every candidate said (paraphrasing): "The US is not the biggest offender, we won't make much of a difference, why even try."

</rant>

That GOP debate was ridiculous. I watched a full 10 minutes of Donald Trump and Carly Fiorina having a pissing contest. Mike Huckabee suggests tax only on consumption, because that is totally going to help expand the middle class. Chris Christie is going to waste federal money raiding states who passed legalization of marijuana. Carly Fiorina uses her dead son to say that marijuana is harmful. Rand Paul actually made good points about marijuana and prisons. Pretty sure Donald Trump, yes Donald Trump (and maybe Jeb Bush) were the only ones to speak up on raising taxes for capital gains. My favorite part is the part about climate change. Where pretty much every candidate said (paraphrasing): "The US is not the biggest offender, we won't make much of a difference, why even try."

</rant>

Yeah, it really was a shit show. I laughed my ass off through most of it.

Wasn't global warming debunked? Thought that came out a while back?

Yeah, it really was a shit show. I laughed my ass off through most of it.

No. The media tries to make it seem like climate change is up for debate. But 97% of experts agree that climate change is real and that we play a role in it. Releasing the amount of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere that we do iis bound to have an effect on the earth. 

This John Oliver clip actually does a good job at pointing out the hypocrisy of it all (and has Bill Nye in it!)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name="Rezqua" post="2398155" timestamp=

Yes it was, but there's a lot of money to be made through fear, so now it's Climate Change.

And the so-called 97% is a cooked number that serves as a forceful talking point :

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexepstein/2015/01/06/97-of-climate-scientists-agree-is-100-wrong/

http://www.sott.net/article/284858-Al-Gore-predicted-Arctic-would-be-ice-free-Ice-cap-now-covers-1-7million-square-kilometres-more-than-2-years-ago

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/425232/climate-change-no-its-not-97-percent-consensus-ian-tuttle

While there's no doubt we need to change the way we operate to make a cleaner world, I think it's naive and self righteous to think we can control the entire planet's ecology and ultimate fate. This planet existed millions of years before we did inhabited by volcanoes , deadly CO2 levels and multiple Ice Ages. This planet will do as it likes with or without us here.

Of course it's hard to take Jeb Bush or Al Gore seriously when they're both jetting around in private planes telling us about fuel consumption.

Thankfully Bernie seems to have a level headed approach to pollution and alternate fuels. He isn't a fear monger like many others. I hope he does well tonight.

there's no doubt black flag shorts are completely overdone at this point but I'd still wear this if they would ship to Canada http://www.bernieflag.bigcartel.com/

Nothing on the site says that profits are going to the Sanders campaign...or Blag Flag for that matter.  

Probably just another, disgusting, cash-in.

Nothing on the site says that profits are going to the Sanders campaign...or Blag Flag for that matter.

Probably just another, disgusting, cash-in.

Assumed the proceeds would be going to Bernie's campaign. But I just saw that they only said "my goal is to raise at least $10,000". LOL. For what? Yourself? Bernie? They really need to provide more info. Anyone can say that.