Bernie 2016

• 1 month later...

Bummer this thread died. I always enjoy hearing him in his element. The town hall tonight was so good. Don't forget to register or update your addresses before the primaries ya'll!

Thanks for this. I'm moving at the end of the month and just changed my address online for my license and it auto-updated my voter registration address in the process.

I don't follow politics at all and I only read a few pages of this thread. Can someone explain briefly why millennials like this guy so much? I know Hillary is old school but this guy is old as dirt. Or is this some kind of "anyone but Hillary" vote in since it'll probably be between these two?

i'd break it down for you if wasn't that easy for you to find out for yourself. 

OK, I just read something off Google saying people earning less then $50k a year tend to side with him. Is that accurate? I guess since it's on the internet it must be, right?

While many issues in this election are important, the main issue is campaign finance reform. the reason nothing gets done in our two-party system, is because there is too much money in American politics. Politicians, lobbyists, corporations, special interest groups... they all have more power than the voters of this country. Nothing Hillary or Bernie says they'll do will go anywhere without overturning Citizen's United and pushing for more reform. That is a cornerstone of Bernie's campaign. Hillary says she wants to overturn it, but she benefits from it. Overturning citizen's united would bring us one step back to being a democracy again. 

While many issues in this election are important, the main issue is campaign finance reform. the reason nothing gets done in our two-party system, is because there is too much money in American politics. Politicians, lobbyists, corporations, special interest groups... they all have more power than the voters of this country. Nothing Hillary or Bernie says they'll do will go anywhere without overturning Citizen's United and pushing for more reform. That is a cornerstone of Bernie's campaign. Hillary says she wants to overturn it, but she benefits from it. Overturning citizen's united would bring us one step back to being a democracy again. 

adding for clarification that the president does not hold the power to overturn citizen's united. it would take a congressional amendment or supreme court decision.