Washington DC Record Fair - Sunday, January 31

• 4 months later...

Zlaq6FM.jpg

This is the e-mail I got this morning.  If anyone is interested in being a dealer at the show e-mail Kevin Coombe at [email protected] to get your name in the raffle to get a table.  I won't be selling at this one, but definitely look forward to hitting it up!

Here we go again!!

We're happy to announce that the Winter 2016 edition of the DC Record Fair will be back in downtown DC at Penn Social. The Flyer is attached, and a larger poster image is available on request.

For those of you who haven't been there before, this location has
many advantages:

-Located only a few blocks from the Gallery Place/Chinatown Metro Station
-Loading Elevator to move records right to the bottom floor
-Built in bar with drinks, and other refreshments
-Well lit spaces both downstairs, and upstairs (where the main door is located)
-Sound system and visuals for DJs and entertainment

As in previous shows, there are a limited number of dealer spots,
(42), and we are implementing the same lottery to determine who gets a
table. Here's how it works:

1- Reply to this email only if you would like to secure a table at the
Fair. We will need to get those responses by Tuesday, December 15th.
2- Those of you who respond will have your name entered in the
lottery the following day, December 16th.
3- If you didn't get a table in the last show, please mention this in
your email. We'll pick a few names from that hat first.
4- An email will be sent by end of day, December 16th, to inform those who
are picked that they have a table.
5- If you do not receive an email, don't fret. The next show will be
coming up sooner than you think!

Here are additional details for the Fair:

Penn Social (801 E St., NW DC) website: http://pennsocialdc.com
Show Date & Time: Sunday, January 31, 2016
Dealer load in time is from 10am-11am [DC Record Fair Staff will be
arranging tables prior to 10am, so please wait until 10am to begin
load-in]
Door Fee for customers: $5 from 11am-12pm, $2 from 12pm-5pm
Table Fee for Dealers: $40, (limit one table per dealer due to space)
Load-in:The Venue is located at the corner of E and 8th streets in
downtown DC, and load in will be via the front door on E St, and an
elevator if you are on the lower level. Please enter in the front to
pick out a table first. Tables are first come first get.
DJs/entertainment: currently being determined
Bar/refreshments: There will be drinks available at the bar
Make sure to check our Facebook page [search "DC Record Fair"] for various updates.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us, but
also make sure you send your questions or concerns in a separate
email and not as a reply to this one.

Thanks guys, and we're looking forward to seeing you all at the show!

-Chris, John, Kevin, Neal

It's a good show. I used to skip all of the DC shops and hit up people I don't know. If you frequent the big 5 in DC you know what they have already

Agreed.  I look forward to the DC shows every year.  I think the winter one is better, but the summer show is usually less attended and easier to get solid deals.  As it gets closer, if you guys are going we should meet up at the show and grab a beer.

Agreed. I look forward to the DC shows every year. I think the winter one is better, but the summer show is usually less attended and easier to get solid deals. As it gets closer, if you guys are going we should meet up at the show and grab a beer.

I'm down for it

• 9 months later...

Didn't see anyone post about this and found this thread.  This weekend:

Mark your calendars! 
THE DC RECORD FAIR

Sunday, September 25, 2016 at The Howard Theatre
620 T Street NW, Washington, DC

11:00–12:00, Early Bird Admission $10.00
12:00–5:00, Regular Admission $5.00

Edited by BoopsRecords

WHAT?! I've never heard of this. I've lived in the DC area my whole life, so I'm stoked something like this exists. 

Are there usually pretty good finds and fun times? Budget is currently fixed on completing my blink-182 variants, but I'm down for a cool experience. 

EDIT: For someone who's never been to/heard of this, what does admission get you? Access to vendors that are selling? Is it a format similar to RSD where there's free swag and whatnot? 

Just wondering if I'd find any of the genre that I collect/listen to 

Edited by [Banned User]

Every time this comes around I always think it'll be cool to go but then I remember I'm too much of an introvert and hate being in large crowds.

48 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

EDIT: For someone who's never been to/heard of this, what does admission get you? Access to vendors that are selling? Is it a format similar to RSD where there's free swag and whatnot? 

Have always been curious about this as well.

Every time this comes around I always think it'll be cool to go but then I remember I'm too much of an introvert and hate being in large crowds.

48 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

Have always been curious about this as well.

I think it's a solid show.  It is typically held 2 times a year, once in the winter, usually late January / early February, and then again around this time of year.  This is the first time it has been held at Howard Theatre, most of the previous shows were at Penn Social.  The last winter show was bumpin'!!! 

I have sold and bought at the show.  This time I'll be far more focused on selling.  That being said, it is a great buying show.  You can find stuff from all genres, both old and new.  If you're a serious collector, I recommend paying the extra money for the early bird.  It's definitely worth hitting up, I always walk away with some solid finds.

For the Richmond folks here, there is also going to be a show down at Hardywood Brewery on 10/23.  I will be selling at that one as well.  Last time I went earlier in the year I was just there to buy and walked away with some killer stuff at solid prices.  Plus, it's a record show at a brewery, how can you go wrong?  Here's the info on that show:

Hardywood Brewery

2408-2410 Ownby Ln, Richmond, VA 23220

11am - 5pm

Free!!!! (at least it was last time, and I think this time it is too)

VINYL CONFLICT + STEADY SOUNDS PRESENTS

VG MINUS returns this fall to Hardywood for its third installment! Expect to see some new vendors this time as well as some of your previous favorites!

Get ready for some serious digging as we will have 30+ tables to check out, hardywood will have all your favorites on tap and there will be some excellent local food trucks present!

TABLES ARE NOW AVAILABLE! Please EMAIL us if you are interested at: [email protected]

I think it's a solid show.  It is typically held 2 times a year, once in the winter, usually late January / early February, and then again around this time of year.  This is the first time it has been held at Howard Theatre, most of the previous shows were at Penn Social.  The last winter show was bumpin'!!! 

I have sold and bought at the show.  This time I'll be far more focused on selling.  That being said, it is a great buying show.  You can find stuff from all genres, both old and new.  If you're a serious collector, I recommend paying the extra money for the early bird.  It's definitely worth hitting up, I always walk away with some solid finds.

For the Richmond folks here, there is also going to be a show down at Hardywood Brewery on 10/23.  I will be selling at that one as well.  Last time I went earlier in the year I was just there to buy and walked away with some killer stuff at solid prices.  Plus, it's a record show at a brewery, how can you go wrong?  Here's the info on that show:

Hardywood Brewery

11am - 5pm

VG MINUS returns this fall to Hardywood for its third installment! Expect to see some new vendors this time as well as some of your previous favorites!

Get ready for some serious digging as we will have 30+ tables to check out, hardywood will have all your favorites on tap and there will be some excellent local food trucks present!

TABLES ARE NOW AVAILABLE! Please EMAIL us if you are interested at: [email protected]

Hardywood Brewery

11am - 5pm