Casual Discussion In A Dome Between Two Temples (emo revival recommendations)

Saw these dudes (Algernon Cadwallader) in 2010 at a tiny little space in Rochester, NY with a bunch of local bands. Awesome show!

Would I want to see them now in a larger space? Hard to say, but I lean toward no.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

51 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Would I want to see them now in a larger space? Hard to say, but I lean toward no.

Would agree with you here but I understand why they're doing it. I suspect their following has actually grown, similar to how American Football did in those 10-15 years post s/t.

I saw them in 2009ish in Orlando, at a house party, which at the time most of their shows were. I was in a band at the time and tried booking them at a regular venue which they vehemently refused since playing bars/actual venues was off brand for them at the time. 10 years later, I suspect most of them have actual bills to pay so funding with legitimate ticket sales would make sense. I'll still go to support them but will be a different vibe for sure.

17 minutes ago, satoshi said:

Would agree with you here but I understand why they're doing it. I suspect their following has actually grown, similar to how American Football did in those 10-15 years post s/t.

I saw them in 2009ish in Orlando, at a house party, which at the time most of their shows were. I was in a band at the time and tried booking them at a regular venue which they vehemently refused since playing bars/actual venues was off brand for them at the time. 10 years later, I suspect most of them have actual bills to pay so funding with legitimate ticket sales would make sense. I'll still go to support them but will be a different vibe for sure.

Yeah, I'll likely skip out on it since I'm probably going to see The Appleseed Cast and Sunny Day Real Estate this year anyway. Who knows though, might change my mind.

Probably depends on who opens.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

What else is on everyone's radar of whatever wave of emo we are on?

The newish signing on no sleep is pretty dope, my fav song below:

https://nosleeprecords.com/products/always-cloudy

or Gwuak!

http://thumbsuprecords.limitedrun.com/products/741536-gwuak-summertime-concrete

or the popular emo/rap thing going on these days

Gwauk are great. Been following them since they popped up in 2020.

Twinkle has been really dead and lost on me. It seems like one a band a year comes around and actually sounds like they’re trying. Ben Quad and Sweet Pill are probably those bands for me.

I really like Snow Ellet and FOOTBALLHEAD who are more power-pop/indie. 

7 hours ago, porkdad said:

Gwauk are great. Been following them since they popped up in 2020.

Twinkle has been really dead and lost on me. It seems like one a band a year comes around and actually sounds like they’re trying. Ben Quad and Sweet Pill are probably those bands for me.

I really like Snow Ellet and FOOTBALLHEAD who are more power-pop/indie. 

3 hours ago, dawhizz said:

Thanks for the recommendations, I will check them out. Home is where is great, my wife still sings "I want to pet every puppy I see" all the time.