Nadja / Aidan Baker / related - catch all thread

Queller is up on BSP's Big Cartel now, Black vinyl and Black and White Art, only 5 Euros ship to the US. 15.99 Euros for the album. Wheeee!

Wonder if the Black vinyl would sound any better than the White; mine sounds fine. I hear a lot of White vinyl hate going on around the boards, thankfully I've been lucky or my ears aren't that good. 

http://brokenspine.bigcartel.com/product/nadja-queller-lp

Never got around to picking up the last pressing, so I'll hop on this.  Price is not too bad.

Thanks for sharing Don!

No problem and it was Mars who first broke the news here, sometimes I miss their tweets, but it was one of the first on my feed this AM.

Just realized that it was 2 years to the day that Queller was originally released (2/22/14), so that makes sense they would release it today 2/22/16 (though touring right now).  

And i got a /25 Tabernanthe CS that Aidan mailed before they headed out on tour. Subjected my family to it at low volumes and didn't get too many funny faces...miracles never cease!

Queller is up on BSP's Big Cartel now, Black vinyl and Black and White Art, only 5 Euros ship to the US. 15.99 Euros for the album. Wheeee!

Wonder if the Black vinyl would sound any better than the White; mine sounds fine. I hear a lot of White vinyl hate going on around the boards, thankfully I've been lucky or my ears aren't that good. 

http://brokenspine.bigcartel.com/product/nadja-queller-lp

I'm quite happy with my purple cover, but that black & white looks great too.

No problem and it was Mars who first broke the news here, sometimes I miss their tweets, but it was one of the first on my feed this AM.

Just realized that it was 2 years to the day that Queller was originally released (2/22/14), so that makes sense they would release it today 2/22/16 (though touring right now).

And i got a /25 Tabernanthe CS that Aidan mailed before they headed out on tour. Subjected my family to it at low volumes and didn't get too many funny faces...miracles never cease!

Nice... we both lucked out on the tape.

I may have to grab another copy of Queller given how much I listen to it.

Yeah, the original packaging was such a beast though, so well done.  I have the white vinyl blue cover variant. 

Everyone should have this album though, no matter the colour.

Agreed, it's a great intro in the genre. Queller and Rebirths by thisquietarmy are the albums I rec. to the unitiated more recently.

Anyone have first hand experience with the vinyl pressings of the early LP's? Specifically I'm looking for opinions of Corrasion, Truth Becomes Death, Bodycage, Radiance of Shadows, Guilted by the Sun, and The Bungled & The Botched.

I own Touched on vinyl and it's pretty disappointing. Other than it starting several minutes into the first song (completely skipping the build-up that I think makes their stuff so dramatic), but the mastering sounds really digital and flat. It's like a vinyl pressing was slapped together just to have a vinyl pressing. Because of this experience I've shied away from the vinyl pressings of the LP's I mentioned above. Can anyone comment on any of those albums?

Anyone have first hand experience with the vinyl pressings of the early LP's? Specifically I'm looking for opinions of Corrasion, Truth Becomes Death, Bodycage, Radiance of Shadows, Guilted by the Sun, and The Bungled & The Botched.

I own Touched on vinyl and it's pretty disappointing. Other than it starting several minutes into the first song (completely skipping the build-up that I think makes their stuff so dramatic), but the mastering sounds really digital and flat. It's like a vinyl pressing was slapped together just to have a vinyl pressing. Because of this experience I've shied away from the vinyl pressings of the LP's I mentioned above. Can anyone comment on any of those albums?

Corrasion - only like track 1, never bought the vinyl - sorry :(

Truth Becomes Death - /200 Gold sounds fine, no issues

Bodycage - sexy vinyl variants, the one I owned sounded ok, don't remember, traded it, haven't replaced it yet.

Radiance of Shadows - Black sounds fine to me, hate flipping sides really, listen more on mp3 - this and Thaumogenesis as well, though I own all 3 variants of Thaumogenesis

Guilted by the Sun - /100 White Roadburn is the bomb, sounds great; don't understand the White vinyl hate, I 've been lucky I guess

The Bungled & The Botched - one of my favorites, next to Queller - **the black retail B&B I got from Amoeba records, sealed, had 15-20 loud pops on side one, and a second copy from ebaY had the the exact same friggin' problem and you can't see anything on the vinyl! Found a /30 plain white label Test Press and it sounds REALLY good, esp. when it hits the wall portion

I mean, the nature of their music and certain drones, where Aidan goes off into megadistortion, screeching, squealing fuzzed out noise is what it is. I don't know if it could tell 'flat' or not - except my favorite all time in this genre is Weighing Souls With  Sand - and the vinyl doesn't sound as good as the digital.

Hope this helps, and stick around, post when you get some listens in.

From Nadja's FB:

Hot on the heels of our "Queller" LP repress, comes the announcement for our new full-length "Sv" coming out next month with Essence Music. This will be a CD-only release, a regular version in a 6-panel digisleeve (with artwork by Seldon Hunt Art & Design) and a special edition in a handmade box with extra items and music.

More details here:
http://essence-music.com/releases/sv/

^ sounds like it will be headphone music around my house, no one does cacophony, industrial, maelstroms very well except me  :(

I'm glad they are using Essence - will be interesting to see what the special edition looks like and price. A 42 minute track on vinyl would have to be broken up, and I'm finding myself only hitting a few of their records on vinyl vs digital, tape or CD anymore.

I got my live Bungled and Botched silver glitter cassette with girl silhouette punchout, #12/91 yesterday, and it sounds great. Love the old autoreverse feature, so the drone is not interrupted.

If it is anything like the special edition of Autopergamene, It will be a beauty. Everything I have seen of Essence has been quality.  But it is always a bit on the pricey side.

I'm the only one in my house that appreciates it as well, so I feel your pain.

I know what you mean about digital vs. vinyl for Nadja though, there are only a few that I have and listen to on vinyl.  Especially with the longer tracks as you point out, like Thaumogenesis, the interruption really bugs me.  That is one of the things that kept me from getting Bliss Torn From Emptiness, as nice as it looks.

From Nadja's FB:

Hot on the heels of our "Queller" LP repress, comes the announcement for our new full-length "Sv" coming out next month with Essence Music. This will be a CD-only release, a regular version in a 6-panel digisleeve (with artwork by Seldon Hunt Art & Design) and a special edition in a handmade box with extra items and music.

More details here:

http://essence-music.com/releases/sv/

Listen to an excerpt here:

https://soundcloud.com/essence_music/nadja-sievert

Will be refreshing until I get the box set.

If it is anything like the special edition of Autopergamene, It will be a beauty. Everything I have seen of Essence has been quality. But it is always a bit on the pricey side.

I'm the only one in my house that appreciates it as well, so I feel your pain.

I know what you mean about digital vs. vinyl for Nadja though, there are only a few that I have and listen to on vinyl. Especially with the longer tracks as you point out, like Thaumogenesis, the interruption really bugs me. That is one of the things that kept me from getting Bliss Torn From Emptiness, as nice as it looks.

Can confirm that the Autopergamene box set is an amazing sight.

Can confirm that the Autopergamene box set is an amazing sight.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting this when I had the chance.

I think Bliss works well on vinyl and it is a rather nice package all around.

Hmmm...may reconsider when I have some extra cash (HA! as if that ever happens)

• 3 weeks later...

I grabbed one... I am a nerd

Damnit, me too. . . I checked and there were only 11 left, so I just turned off my rational, responsible mind and clicked.

Now down to 8.  Nadja said on their facebook that they would have stock of Sv, but they weren't clear about whether those would be to standard or box set.

Do you remember how much the Autopergamene originally was?  I seem to remember it being more than this one.

Damnit, me too. . . I checked and there were only 11 left, so I just turned off my rational, responsible mind and clicked.

Now down to 8. Nadja said on their facebook that they would have stock of Sv, but they weren't clear about whether those would be to standard or box set.

Do you remember how much the Autopergamene originally was? I seem to remember it being more than this one.

I can check, but I remember the set being pricier but shipping way cheaper.