Alright guys.     Pleased to see that we've finally got a cassette section on VC !

I figured I would start a thread for my label,  I'll put all of my releases in here rather than starting seperate threads etc... 

So I started my DIY label Solid 7 Records in January this year.   First release was my own band (Speedpig) and have then released a couple local Welsh bands and some from as far as Seattle & LA.   

Something really cool happened in April,  when I approached Dick Valentine (singer of Electric 6) to suggest that he release his latest solo album as a cassette to coincide with his UK tour.   He went for it, and it was such a cool experience to put out an album by a guy whose music I have loved for like 12 years, and who I have a huge amount of respect for.

Have gained a bit of attention from local media,  have done some radio/newspaper interviews.  It's been a pretty fun ride so far!    Pretty much everything is done DIY style,   the only release I had pro-dubbed was the Dick Valentine tape.   I print and hand-number the J Cards,  dub the tapes etc in house.  

Tapes can be purchased from my bandcamp at   solid7records.bandcamp.com

[s7R006]  The Solid 7 Vol.1 - UK Stoner Rock

/50 copies on green cassettes.  Hand numbered J-Card.

Buy on bandcamp

First in a series of compilations focusing on Stoner Rock,   this one being all UK bands.   7 bands / 14 tracks.

Comp%20Vol1%20Advert%20750_zpsokjegh46.j

Had a really nice review for this one a couple days ago from Raised By Gypsies    [review here]

"This is just such a fun concept to me because it's like getting seven cassingles in one and though I'm not usually a fan of reviewing compilations this is not your typical compilation at all."

[s7R009]  Year Of The Cobra - The Black Sun EP

/40 copies on red tapes.   Hand numbered/made O-Cards.

My latest release is from Seattle bass/drum stoner rock duo Year Of The Cobra.   Just in time for their west coast tour this August!

Available 1 week from today (Fri 24th July).

Cobra%20Advert%20750_zpso2hvpvjr.jpg

yearofthecobra.bandcamp.com

Nice one man,  thanks!      The band will have some copies for sale too,   I think their copies only arrived in the US today.   

They are touring the west coast through August,  who knows where they are headed after that!    They definitely seem to have created a good buzz for themselves around this EP. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my first releases,  still have some copies available.

ZTA%20Advert%20750_zpsx3lhmkn7.jpg

Infinite Evening is the debut album by LA space-rocker Zero The Astronaut.  The trippy combination of beautiful guitar tones & ethereal vocals make this the perfect soundtrack for a stoned summer evening.  Limited edition of 30 gold glitter cassettes.

Zero The Astronaut - Static Or Electric? Video

Also I have created a discount code for VC.   Enter  collective20  on Bandcamp checkout for 20% on anything in my store.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I'm really stoked to be announcing this...

Gary Lee Conner - Under The Weeping Willow Tree (A Lifetime of Demos)

You may know Gary Lee as the guitarist of the mighty Screaming Trees. His other projects include Dr Janet, The Purple Outside & most recently The Microdot Gnome.

Solid 7 Records is proud to bring you this 47-track collection of historical demos covering the years 1987-2007. There will be 50 copies of the album, presented as a DOUBLE cassette in a large 'side by side' style case, plus hand-numbered sleeve and a guitar pick! I am anticipating a late-October release, will start a pre-order sometime before then.

Of all the bands to come out of the Pacific Northwest in the 80's & 90's, none had an affect on my life quite like the Trees did with their 1996 album Dust. I have spent the last 17 years crate-digging in record stores, always trying to find a Trees rarity, or that elusive copy of Clairvoyance (I finally got my hands on one in July!). So yeah, this is a big deal for me to be working with someone whose music had such a big influence on my life.

GLC%20Advert750_zpstroyqptz.jpg

• 3 months later...