Requesting that an existing record be pressed

If there's already a thread for this, a link would be appreciated, I couldn't find one.

I know this is kind of a dumb question, but I can't seem to get information anywhere else. All of the results are for getting your music pressed. I was wondering how one can request that an OOP (or never pressed at all) album gets released, or, at least how one can show that there's demand for it. Who do you attempt to come into contact with? The label? Whoever owns the rights? The artist?

I know you can do it on the MOV website, but is there a more direct way to show the demand?

Edit: Changed the title for clarification

I've always wanted to request a few of my favorite albums to be cut as one-offs, but I've never actually taken the dive. Here's a link to one such site where I was looking:

http://mrvinyls.com/collections/custom-vinyl-record

I don't think you'd even have to worry about legal rights, but I could be wrong. It just seems to me that if you're just creating a bootleg for yourself to listen to, there shouldn't be an issue. Again, though, I speak from no experience so I could be way off...

What are you trying to get pressed?

There's a bunch of stuff in that "records that should be pressed" thread that I'd love to see. Specifically, though, aside from SOAD, (refer to signature) I was thinking today about how ridiculous it is that the only out of press QOTSA record is Songs For the Deaf, seeing as how it's their most popular.

I've always wanted to request a few of my favorite albums to be cut as one-offs, but I've never actually taken the dive. Here's a link to one such site where I was looking:

I don't think you'd even have to worry about legal rights, but I could be wrong. It just seems to me that if you're just creating a bootleg for yourself to listen to, there shouldn't be an issue. Again, I speak from no experience so I could be way off...

I don't mean one-offs or bootlegs, I meant asking the band/label to consider a full public press of the record.

I don't think you'd even have to worry about legal rights, but I could be wrong. It just seems to me that if you're just creating a bootleg for yourself to listen to, there shouldn't be an issue. Again, though, I speak from no experience so I could be way off...

I keep thinking how cool it'd be to have 7"s with the OP of an anime on the A side and the ED on the B side, but not for that price. No matter how cool the HotD/StB songs are.

I keep thinking how cool it'd be to have 7"s with the OP of an anime on the A side and the ED on the B side, but not for that price. No matter how cool the HotD/StB songs are.

I definitely think the custom 7" is overpriced, but honestly the LP one isn't that bad. It's just cheap enough to seriously consider it and just expensive enough to keep me from pulling the trigger.

I definitely think the custom 7" is overpriced, but honestly the LP one isn't that bad. It's just cheap enough to seriously consider it and just expensive enough to keep me from pulling the trigger.

I'd be all over a custom 7" for $15-$20, but not anything more than that. I know that price is low, it's just that it isn't worth any more than that to me personally. Just listen to how cool these songs are though.

Not to come off as an asshole, but I think that was the point. No one is going to press a record because you requested it. If you want something pressed then DIY

Nobody will press it if it's just me for sure. I acknowledged that it was a dumb question...I was just wondering if there was a way to let them know there was demand (direct contact, social media, dare I even say......change.org).

Something like the MOV thing I mentioned in the OP. http://www.musiconvinyl.com/request-release#.VagglPlViko