Non MCU Marvel Thread: Up Next: XMen: Apocalypse

• 2 weeks later...

saw deadpool over the weekend, thought it was pretty good, but would have been better without the xmen characters.  Infact, they were so corny, it took away from the movie.  Did love the "dont make it green, or CGI" knock from Reynolds, lol.  I enjoyed the movie though, good introduction to the character, look forward to what they do next.

14 minutes ago, adamha21 said:

Yup, I saw it this afternoon. Disagree with the critics....if you are an xmen fan, you will love it. It's no X3 at all.

Totally agree...if you like Xmen, and sci fi, then you'll love it. DEFINITELY not an X3 situation, not as good as days of future past, but really good still. 

27 minutes ago, RyanSmithers said:

Totally agree...if you like Xmen, and sci fi, then you'll love it. DEFINITELY not an X3 situation, not as good as days of future past, but really good still. 

I've never liked Cyclops, but that was a particularly good casting...and loved the nod to the comic book uniforms.

It could still be done much better if they embraced the over the top style X-men is. Make them a little darker with their iconic costumes. 

Deadpool I hope sets the bar for a lot of new marvel movies, it was done pretty flawless. IDK how you didn't like colossus, he was prob the best comic book adaptation so far. 

I liked Colossus and Deadpool a lot. But First Class and DOFP are both excellent movies and I love the casting of McAvoy and Fassbender. I do not want a reboot. I was very worried about Apocalypse being bad, but I don't mind how Apocalypse was adapted from the comics at all. Sure, it's very different. But so is Jackman's Wolverine from the comics. Idk. Just my two cents but I think the franchise is in a perfectly fine place right now. I'm very excited to see if they adapt X-Force and combine that with Deadpool. That'd be rad. 

Just got back.  Overall pretty solid. 

Apocalypse wasnt powerful enough and never felt that threatening, but still was decent. 

I don't think the characters need a reboot, just the franchise. X men just isn't on the same caliber as some other marvel movies (civil war,  first avengers) but in my opinion it has the potential to be better then any of them.  

This series seems pretty wrapped up though,  not to much else to get into with classic X-men without getting into space stuff (which I'm all for).

Interested to see where they go with it next though,  these 3 were bounds ahead of the last three haha.  

7 hours ago, DafTyler said:

It could still be done much better if they embraced the over the top style X-men is. Make them a little darker with their iconic costumes. 

Deadpool I hope sets the bar for a lot of new marvel movies, it was done pretty flawless. IDK how you didn't like colossus, he was prob the best comic book adaptation so far. 

Colossus and that chick were so corny and could have been exluded from the movie and the impact would have been minimal. Their adaption aside they really served no purpose other than more action scenes and contractual obligations to mention the xmen.

4 hours ago, DafTyler said:

Just got back.  Overall pretty solid. 

Apocalypse wasnt powerful enough and never felt that threatening, but still was decent. 

I don't think the characters need a reboot, just the franchise. X men just isn't on the same caliber as some other marvel movies (civil war,  first avengers) but in my opinion it has the potential to be better then any of them.  

This series seems pretty wrapped up though,  not to much else to get into with classic X-men without getting into space stuff (which I'm all for).

Interested to see where they go with it next though,  these 3 were bounds ahead of the last three haha.  

I feel like to do Apocalypse "right" it would take a trilogy of its own.  I'm not sure how they could have made him more powerful in one movie.  One of the few characters stronger than him was the one who had to "destroy" him.

Age of Apocolypse really could have been told over several movies, since we got one, I'm pleased with the result.

• 3 months later...
On 5/29/2016 at 2:11 PM, DafTyler said:

Loved apocalypse, so glad they've reintroduced the X-Men they killed off and I really hope they continue to use this casting for new X-Men movies.  So stoked Jean gray is alive, the Phoenix was my favorite X-Men storyline and they butchered the fuuuuck out of it in X3.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I haven't watched the second episode of Legion yet, but I really liked the first.  It's probably cliche to call it trippy, but I think that would be most appropriate word to use. Also Logan reviews have started coming in and it sounds like it's the best or at least among the best of the x-men films. Pretty excited to see it.