FS: Mighty Cache of Anime Soundtrack Vinyl

arpadokay

Greetings and salutations VC

I run a Japan-to-Chicago Etsy shop that primarily moves kaiju action figures, kinkeshi (MUSCLE Men) and small figures from various franchises: Pokemon, Masked Rider, Anpanman etc. So why am I here bothering you?

I also see a lot of mid-to-late 70s and early 80s anime & tokusatsu soundtracks on vinyl. Today I put 20 albums up in the shop and now I am cruising around looking for people who are looking for records. The tip of the iceberg includes:

il_570xN.803272211_99nj.jpg

il_570xN.803483988_ly3b.jpg

il_570xN.803390680_8lxx.jpg

Ultraman and variations

Space Pirate Captain Harlock

Galaxy Express 999

Dougram

GoShogun

Space Runway Ideon

Space Battleship Yamato

Sherlock Hound

Urusei Yatsura

Blue Sonnet

And more. Most of the records are $10 or $15, some of the double and triple LP sets are more. Everything in VG+ condition. We do toys mostly so rating the condition of vinyl is not a huge strength for us, but my job before this one included buying records and other media from the public, so when I say VG, rest assured that I am more or less on point.

I am getting this stuff straight from Japan so finding it elsewhere in the US? Don't think so, at least not for my prices.

For the uninitiated, the late 70s "TV Manga" sound is, to my ear, comparable to Galt MacDermot. String arrangements and typical soundtrack fare mashed up with sexy funk drums and an upscale rock band feel. Think of MacDermot's score for Rhinoceros.

il_570xN.803225315_i87p.jpg

So the shop is etsy.com/shop/hollywoodmirror if you are curious please stop by and browse around.

I believe that I will be able to get more soundtracks in the future, but I have no idea what ones and highly doubt there will be much in the way of repeats, so if you are interested in trying out some anime soundtrack vinyl and don't want to drop $50 on it on bleep.com (I literally got the very last copy of the 2LP Akira release from them, and while I kind of apologize, someone had to do it) I would advise coming to me and not sleeping on what you want because lord knows when I will see it again.

Thanks y'all

The closest thing I've had (and sold) has been a copy of the Planet Busters soundtrack, scored by Joe Hisaishi.

Personally, I picked up that Mondo records release Kokyo Kyokushu when it came out and would recommend it highly if it weren't upwards of $100 now. No Totoro, but it's as close as we're gonna get for the foreseeable future.

studioghibli-2_grande.jpg?v=1381246387

If I see anything by Hisaishi (or Koji Kondo) in the next batch and don't scoop it up myself I will come back and post about here before anywhere else.

Yeah I have all 3 variants of that Ghibli comp and it's fantastic. Hopefully they do a second one with other films represented or some standalone represses.

The Journey soundtrack is coming to vinyl very soon from iam8bit. I have been listening to it a lot and it seriously reminds me of Hisaishi's work. Double picture disc = kind of expensive but man it is sooooooo good. Might not be able to resist.

The Journey soundtrack is coming to vinyl very soon from iam8bit. I have been listening to it a lot and it seriously reminds me of Hisaishi's work. Double picture disc = kind of expensive but man it is sooooooo good. Might not be able to resist.

Only thing that deterred me was because they were pic discs. Really bummed I missed the print they released along side it. Looks sick.

if you ever come by any pure gundam records let me know please

Closest I have to Gundam is the Invincible Steel Man Daitarn 3 OST ...the show right before Gundam, same creator and same composer. The other thing I've got is an Aura Battler Dunbine record, same guys who made Gundam and Robotech, different composer. Not what you're asking for, but kind of what you're asking for? If you are interested in either, I can post 'em up.

• 1 month later...