PO: DAFT PUNK TRON LEGACY 2LP (Aug 21 2015)

i can't speak for everyone, but you'd be dumb not to. but i'd put that on ebay and sell it for whatever it goes for. let the market dictate the price. i wouldn't list it on discogs for $300 like an asshole or anything. 

Definitely agree with this.  It'd be a waste of time to create a For Sale thread where you're asking for $200+ or an equal value in trades, but you may as well throw it on eBay if you're interested in padding your wallet and picking up the repress.  You could even consider a BIN with offers, if you wanted to haggle a bit.

No way I'd sell my original before hearing this press.

I really hope the repress sounds solid.  I don't own an original and can't justify spending an extra $170 for additional clarity or warmth, but it'd be very disappointing to shell out ~$30 on a double LP that sounds like trash.  Here's to hoping for some quality control.

FYI, if you missed out on Amazon it's now showing up at Bullmoose

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/20743894/daft-punk-tron-legacy-vinyl

Best route yet – Bull Moose always delivers.  Canceling my Amazon order and giving them some money, now.

New plates or not, this really cant sound bad because how electronic music sounds generally on vinyl anyway. This isnt some Blue Note jazz recorded to tape or some super loud death metal thing which is very hard and expensive to cut right.

That said I dont own the original but exact replica would be indeed nice - a nice middle finger to all the flippers.

Yeah, I don't know about that generalization, but in this case, the market seems to have taken the price up. Now if you want to call it gouging in some cases, I'm sure you can make that argument.

Usually flipping implies capitalizing on a hot market in the short term. Taking a longer term position can't really be considered flipping.

Not to sidetrack the thread, but some mentioned flipping a couple of times, so I thought that maybe I misunderstood what some are considering flipping.

So, has anyone found any actual info on this release yet?  I'm confused as to why Amazon is no longer accepting orders, but Bullmoose etc. are.  Are we looking at retailer-specific packages, or is it likely that this is limited?

I googled around a bit but still couldn't find any official word on the pressing.  You'd think there would be a Disney tweet about it at the very least, considering the buzz/hype surrounding this album.

So, has anyone found any actual info on this release yet?  I'm confused as to why Amazon is no longer accepting orders, but Bullmoose etc. are.  Are we looking at retailer-specific packages, or is it likely that this is limited?

I googled around a bit but still couldn't find any official word on the pressing.  You'd think there would be a Disney tweet about it at the very least, considering the buzz/hype surrounding this album.

The same thing happened with the recent Dark Knight and Inception represses. They had been OOP for a few years when they popped up on amazon. I don't believe a press release was ever released for those either.