(PO Now) Loma Prieta - Self Portrait (LP) / Love (EP)

New LP:

"Self Portrait" is the latest album from Loma Prieta. A ten song masterwork recorded by engineer Jack Shirley at The Atomic Garden Recording Studio (Deafheaven). Opener "Love" layers unorthodox melodies amid a tangle of pensive, despondent vocals. These humanly complex qualities loudly bleed into every aspect of the album. Driven by feedback drenched guitar work "Black Square", "Roadside Cross", "Net Gain", and "More Perfect" all effortlessly veer from one post everything sub-genre to the next. Leading to the beautifully skewed "Nostalgia", a song that creeps from the haze with dark harmonic leanings. "Never Remember", "Merciless", and "Rings" venture down a similar crash and bang path before closer "Satellite" takes flight. An emotional epic that delves deep into introspection before finding total sonic obliteration.

New EP:
Loma Prieta's "Love" EP features "Love" from their "Self Portrait" album, as well as the exclusive B-Side, "Trilogy 0 (Debris)". Both songs were recorded during the "Self Portrait" sessions with engineer Jack Shirley at The Atomic Garden Recording Studio (Deafheaven, etc).

YES! 2015 is the year of screamo for sure, so many great releases.

Kinda missed most stuff of the year so far so what 2015 screamo releases would you recommend? I'll pick up the new Loma for sure and have the new Maths EP already, but apart from that it's been a slow year for me.

Kinda missed most stuff of the year so far so what 2015 screamo releases would you recommend? I'll pick up the new Loma for sure and have the new Maths EP already, but apart from that it's been a slow year for me.

For me these were the most important and enjoyable releases, I might missed some stuff though: Raein - Perpetuum, Via Fondo - Efter, Utan Under, Shizune - Le Voyageur Imprudent, Careless - I Wish You Away, Envy - Atheist's Cornea, Ephemera - S/T, Ghost Of A Dead Hummingbird - Sin forma, No Omega - Occupants, OsoLuna - S/T, Pastel - L'acchiappanuvole, Cavalcades - Lights Begin To Dance, Ostraca - Deathless.

And there are still a few to be released, like this new Loma stuff, Foxes - Organic Vessels, Eyelet - Nervewrecker, Suis La Lune - Distance/CLosure, Dawn Ray'd - A Thorn A Blight and maybe a new The Saddest Landscape stuff, etc.

For me these were the most important and enjoyable releases, I might missed some stuff though: Raein - Perpetuum, Via Fondo - Efter, Utan Under, Shizune - Le Voyageur Imprudent, Careless - I Wish You Away, Envy - Atheist's Cornea, Ephemera - S/T, Ghost Of A Dead Hummingbird - Sin forma, No Omega - Occupants, OsoLuna - S/T, Pastel - L'acchiappanuvole, Cavalcades - Lights Begin To Dance, Ostraca - Deathless.

And there are still a few to be released, like this new Loma stuff, Foxes - Organic Vessels, Eyelet - Nervewrecker, Suis La Lune - Distance/CLosure, Dawn Ray'd - A Thorn A Blight and maybe a new The Saddest Landscape stuff, etc.

Thanks dude. I still don't know why I didn't check out the new Envy yet...

seeing them thursday in Germany, hopefully they will already have the new 7" singles with them. Brian confirmed to me on IG that they were hoping for them to arrive in time for the euro tour. No surprise I'd be all over it.

If that's the case would you mind buying a second one for me :)? Also from Germany ;) I probably can't make it to one of their shows so this would be awesome! Would cover all costs of course!